[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 49)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Wed Oct 12 07:06:04 PDT 2011

Some I'm sure have been bugging you for the past 20 years, and a few more Hallowe'en treats:

 Fausto Papetti - 18a Raccolta, “Love’s Theme”
 drum break @0:00
 sampled in “God O.D. (part 3)” from Storm the Studio
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzHU38aZ7ok
 http://www.discogs.com/Fausto-Papetti-18a-Raccolta/master/119307

 World (1982), Special Report “Frank Terpil: Confessions of a Dangerous Man”
 Taken from a recording of a New York City Police sting on the gunrunners Frank Terpil and George Korkala in a bugged room in the New York Hilton on December 22, 1979
 Detective Nicky Grillo?, “Freeze! Police! Freeze, don’t move! You gotta understand!”
 “There’s a shotgun behind your ear motherf-“ @4:30
 sampled in “Re-Animator (part 3)” from Storm the Studio
 sampled in “Reanimator” from Armed Audio Warfare
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT3usK8B6k
 http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1964&dat=19810706&id=21c0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=2cwFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1095,3725467

 The Dirty Dozen (1967)
 Tom Busby as Milo Vladek, “Alright you Frenchies, beat it!” @0:42
 sampled in “Strap Down (part 2)” from Storm the Studio
 background music soundtrack by Frank DeVol
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5vODV2AxY
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061578/

 Earth, Wind & Fire - I Am, “Let Your Feelings Show”
 saxophone @0:11
 sampled in “I Got the Fear (part 1)” from Storm the Studio
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3NKVqbT4I
 http://www.discogs.com/Earth-Wind-Fire-I-Am/master/99478

 Midnight Cowboy (Original Motion Picture Score), “John Barry - Florida Fantasy” @2:05
 sampled in “Now” @2:13 from 99%
 sampled in “I Am Electro” @5:25 from Live ‘05
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUTsS8-vukw
 from the soundtrack to the film
 Midnight Cowboy (1969)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrxcsnkQkUs @2:13
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnl3Bz90wXw @5:11
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064665/
 Also used as the theme music to the BBC1 television series
 Wildtrack (1978-1985)

 Stevie Wonder - Talking Book, “Superstition”
 drum break @0:02
 sampled in “Wolfman is Everywhere Dub” from Tino’s Breaks 6: Halowe’en Dub
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HlHpACXyw
 http://www.discogs.com/Stevie-Wonder-Talking-Book/master/87446
 http://www.discogs.com/Stevie-Wonder-Superstition-Youve-Got-It-Bad-Girl/master/157083

 The Specials - More Specials, “Man at C & A”
 “Warning, warning nuclear attack”
 sampled in “Wolfman is Everywhere Dub” from Tino’s Breaks 6: Hallowe’en Dub
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBmsg13Q_U
 http://www.discogs.com/Specials-More-Specials/master/8191

 Blackbeard - I Wah Dub, “Reflections” @0:07
 doorbell and creaking door opening
 sampled in “Doomsday Dub” from Tino’s Breaks 6 Hallowe’en Dub
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSUyMWOyIts
 http://www.discogs.com/Blackbeard-I-Wah-Dub/master/250892
 peace

 quiller