[Zombies] Public Enemy remix

adjust adjust at rematter.com
Sat Oct 1 23:21:01 PDT 2011

personally i think the remix is hard to listen to given the dated nature
of it's business (repetitive rock guitar samples, etc), but here goes...

fair warning, some people might want to look the other direction while
this gets posted (or delete it from the archives), or maybe not, there
seems to be some charcoal grey area riding the moral issue here, but this
is from the discogs entry:

"According to Chuck D., this album was slated for a March '98 release, but
Def Jam's parent PolyGram slept on it. It then was released in MP3 on the
Public Enemy website but the group was forced to remove it.
"Polygram/Universal or whatever the fuck they're now called forced us to
remove the MP3 version of Bring The Noise 2000," said Chuck D. "The execs,
lawyers, and accountants who lately have made most of the money in the
music biz, are now running scared from the technology that evens out the
creative field and makes artists harder to pimp. Let em all die ... I'm
glad to be a contributor to the bomb."

http://www.discogs.com/Public-Enemy-Bring-The-Noise-2000-Vol-1/release/1441575

and from my source "I'm presuming our dude here got a legit CD of this
thing. There you go, Public Enemy started internet piracy."

Public Enemy - Bring the Noise 2000 (Promo CD) (1998) [FLAC/320]

1. There Were More Hype Believers Than Ever in '97
2. Welcome to the Terrordome (X-games remix)
3. Bring the Noise
4. You're Gonna Get Yours
5. Whole Lotta Love Going On In the Middle Of Hell
6. Don't Believe the Hype
7. How to Kill a Radio Consultant
8. Night of the Living Baseheads
9. Cold Lampin'
10. Move!
11. Welcome to the Terrordome
12. What Side You On?
13. Hazy Shade of Criminal
14. Buck Whylin'
15. Yo! Bum Rush the Show
16. 911 Is A Joke
17. Louder Than A Bomb
18. Rebel Without A Pause
19. G'Damn That DJ Made My Day
20. Son of Public Enemy
21. Burn Hollywood Burn
22. Incident at 66.6 FM
23. Live and Undrugged
24. She Watch Channel Zero?!?!
25. Fight the Power
26. Mind Deep
27. Mind Deep (Instrumental)

FLAC:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1948351374

320:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1940040614

> "bring the noise 2000" is from 1998, so it could be jack from way back
then... 1998 was the year he did 'go cat go'.  he played 'cat' for me at
his
> place right when he finished it and he was crazy excited about working with
> PE.  i think he would have mentioned another remix, if he in fact did
one,
> but maybe not.
> i just emailed him... i'll let everybody know what i find out.
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Jon Whitney <turbid at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agreed, the remix just doesn't sound like current MBM - it sounds more
like "Edge of No Control" era...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlYQz6dJYM