[Zombies] EBN

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Sun Jan 23 06:02:51 PST 2011

Some of the more interesting pioneers of video sampling

Hexstatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8-QDCKdVO4
Eboman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Ya0DPqes0
TV Sheriff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Lz264wOAg

Although to be honest, video sampling has existed as long as there has
been photographic film and razor blades, which means that it's actually
older than audio sampling since film technology predates magnetic tape
which lead to musique concrete and eventually to the modern audio
sampling that we know today.

Nam June Paik - Beatles Electronique (1966)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Wj8e0gAu8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBEaszndLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WaTxtIZwV8

Much in the same way that people think audio sampling started in the
80's, but was done much earlier by the pioneers of musique concrete
back in the 1940's.  The earliest example of audio sampling that I know
is Paul Boisselet's "Symphonie Rouge / Symphonie Jaune" made in 1947.
http://alicerabbit.blogspot.com/2009/10/paul-boisselet-symphonie-rougesymphonie.html

So don't be discouraged about feeling old, people have been doing this
for a long, long time.  There are many grandfathers.

peace

quiller