[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 34)

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Sun Oct 31 09:21:09 PDT 2010

Hello fellow Zombies,

Some trainspotting from the earliest Meat Beat recordings, and "BURNING
WITH ECSTASY" final found!

Fats Comet - Dee Jay’s Dream, “Dee Jay’s Dream” @2:22
sampled in “I Got the Fear (Titanium mix)” from the I Got the Fear
(Titanium mix) single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3094be5XQ
Fats Comet - Dee Jay’s Dream, “Dee Jay’s Program”
“Mister DJ!”
sampled in “I Got the Fear (The Missing ‘F’ Word Wireless mix)” from
the I Got the Fear single
sampled in “I Got the Fear (Titanium mix)” and “I Got the Fear (without
Jack)” from the I Got the Fear (Titanium mix) single
sampled in “Mister President” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://musicismy1stlove.blogspot.com/2009/10/fats-comet-dee-jays-dream.html
http://www.discogs.com/Fats-Comet-Dee-Jays-Dream/master/18951

Divine Sounds - Changes / Do or Die Bed Sty, “Do or Die Bed Sty (part
1)”
“Huh” @2:13
sampled in “I Got the Fear (The Missing ‘F’ Word Wireless mix)” from
the I Got the Fear single
sampled in “I Got the Fear (Titanium mix)” and “I Got the Fear (without
Jack)” from the I Got the Fear (Titanium mix) single
sampled in “Re-Animator (part 1)” @1:09, 1:18, and 4:07 from Storm the
Studio
sampled in “I Got the Fear (part 4)" @3:38 from Storm the Studio
sampled in “Mister President” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UsYHJdDcw
http://www.discogs.com/Divine-Sounds-Changes-Do-Or-Die-Bed-Sty/master/33980

Man of a Thousand Faces (1957)
Robert J. Evans as Irving Thalberg, voice pitched up, “We cannot
replace these personalities.  There can only be one of each, born out
of their own personal joys and sorrows.  Life shapes them in wondrous
ways”
“He illuminated certain dark corners of the human spirit.  He showed
the world the souls of those people that are born different from the
rest.  To understand why he was destined for this we would only have to
Not a very easy boyhood, for . . .”
sampled in “I Got the Fear (Titanium mix)” @3:11 from the I Got the
Fear (Titanium mix) single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1rzLka2m04
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050681/

Ampex Reproducer Test Tape
Robert “Bob” K. Morrison, “Ampex reproduce alignment tape 01-31311-01,
15 ips, full track, 50 μsec qualization.  All tones are recorded at
Ampex Operating Level.  Begin with 700 Hz”
sampled in “I Got the Fear (without Jack)” from the I Got the Fear
(Titanium mix) single
http://recordist.com/ampex/docs/apxbrochures/ag350/ag-350.pdf

Earth, Wind & Fire - All ‘N All, “Magic Mind”
groove @0:11
horn figure @2:58
sampled in “Strap Down (The Sound Defence Policy remix)” from the Strap
Down CD single
sampled in “Strap Down (Roar of the Underground)” from the Strap Down
12"
sampled in “Strap Down (video version)” from the Strap Down 7" single
sampled in “Strap Down (part 2)” @4:28 from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz3s2ujWDMw
http://www.discogs.com/Earth-Wind-Fire-All-N-All/master/97752
http://www.discogs.com/Earth-Wind-Fire-Magic-Mind/release/292676

Funkadelic - Connections & Disconnections, “You’ll Like It Too”
drum break at beginning
sampled in “Cutman” @3:44 from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAnHQiIwkf0
http://www.discogs.com/Funkadelic-Connections-And-Disconnections-Youll-Like-It-Too/release/1493844
http://www.discogs.com/Funkadelic-429-/master/141889

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - On the Strength, “Gold”
“Let’s just tell 'em about some gold” @0:20
sampled in “Cutman” @3:50 from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0c33w9IthY
http://www.discogs.com/Grandmaster-Flash-The-Furious-Five-On-The-Strength/master/51275
http://www.discogs.com/Grandmaster-Flash-The-Furious-Five-Gold/master/51297

(It's been a long time sussing this one out, thank you blogosphere!)

Johnny Staccato (1959), Season 1, Episode 11, “The Poet’s Touch”,
November 26, 1959
“For emulation has a thousand songs
That one by one pursue
Running, falling, vomiting forth cobras enamored of higher escapes
If you give way,
Or hedge aside from the direct forthright
Like to an enter’d tide, they all rush by
And leave you hindmost
One could pass valuable hours, perhaps days
Doing nothing but hanging by one’s earlobes
Strung by a thin white hot wire
Burning with ecstasy
Up through eternity and further I myself have often succumbed
Knowing not of brown and white”
“Or dim high stone portals
Knowing only of Guanajuato . . .”
sampled in “Radio Babylon” from the Helter Skelter / Radio Babylon
single
sampled in “Radio Mellotron” from Subliminal Sandwich
John Cassavetes as Johnny Staccato
Mike Kellin as Scott Fenwick
sampled in the visuals for “Radio Babylon” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/johnny+staccato#watch%3Dv19439986qPXd8Hs8

@1:36:48
http://likedreamsville.blogspot.com/2010/10/beats-on-tv-johnny-staccato-poets-touch.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052479/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0616800/
Parts of this vocal sample quote:
William Shakespeare - Ulysses’ Monologue from Act III, Scene 3 of
Troilus and Cressida
“For emulation hath a thousand sons
That one by one pursue: If you give way,
Or hedge aside from the direct forthright,
Like to an enter’d tide, they all rush by
And leave you hindmost”
http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/play_view.php?WorkID=troilus&Act=3&Scene=3&Scope=scene
Meat Beat Manifesto also remixed Elmer Bernstein’s theme music to
“Johnny Staccato”
“Staccato’s Theme”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVrCzrZHjd0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfbaEN5Gvg
http://www.discogs.com/Elmer-Bernstein-Staccatos-Theme/release/482304
http://www.discogs.com/Elmer-Bernstein-Staccato/release/403680
“Staccato’s Theme (Happening at Waldo’s mix)”
Waldo’s is a jazz club where the character Johnny Staccato plays piano
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Electro-Lounge-Electronic-Excursions-In-Hi-Fi-Stereo/release/820783

Bam Bam - Give It to Me, “Give It to Me”
intro percussion
Crystal Neely, woman moaning @0:16
sampled in “Psyche-Out (Sex Skank Stripdown)” and “Psyche-Out (Sex
Skank mix)” from the Psyche-Out single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0WFhkGgsI
http://www.discogs.com/Bam-Bam-Give-It-To-Me/master/18397

Quincy M.E. (1982), Season 8, Episode 8, “Next Stop, Nowhere”, December
1, 1982
Anita Gillette as Dr. Emily Hanover, “I’ve seen children come off that
dance floor like soldiers fighting some kind of insane war”
sampled in “Insane” from Battersea Shield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SwkApvMBE
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074042/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0681811/

The Exterminator trailer (1980)
trailer voiceover, “The exterminator” @0:22 and 1:11
sampled in “1234" from Archive Things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-aT3kYav7s
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080707/

James Brown - Don’t Tell It / Papa Don’t Take No Mess, “Don’t Tell It
(Bonus Beats)”
groove, horns @2:23
sampled in “I Like It Mambo” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 4: Mambo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8ijaJEakE
http://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-Don’t-Tell-It-Papa-Don’t-Take-No-Mess/release/1070131
James Brown - Bodyheat, “Don’t Tell It”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmSEDz0btSA