[Zombies] Fwd: The New Album From Meat Beat Manifesto

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Tue Nov 9 19:10:50 PST 2010

Just got my UK limited edition CD/DVD in the mail today.  For people's
information "Quietus" and "Mnemonic" are the edited video versions
which include the extra samples and fuller mix from the videos.
"Waterphone" and "Chimie du Son" are also edited down.  And be sure to
check out the full track on the title screen to the DVD.  So, two of
the best album videos "Luminol" and "Waterphone" aren't here, only one
of the 'Penultimate Tests', and if I had known the "Totally Together"
video was going to be on this, I wouldn't have purchased the video
download from Metropolis.  I think next time Jack&Co should make it
clear to whatever label their working with in the future that these
kind of bizarre multiple releases just piss people off.  I put up the
info on these releases on discogs if people want to know what their
getting.
http://www.discogs.com/Meat-Beat-Manifesto-Answers-Come-In-Dreams/master/282825

peace

quiller

Agreed!

I don't understand why anyone thinks there needs to be releases
tailored to different countries.  It's not as if a Meat Beat Manifesto
fan in the UK would have refused to buy 'Autoimmune' because 'Solid
Waste' was on it... MBM fans aren't that fickle.  So why would we
complain about tracks being shorter?

I am also pretty disappointed with the 'limited edition packaging' of
the UK version - there's nothing special about it (although the sleeve
looks beautiful) and I really hoped the dvd would have the three
'Penultimate...' tracks; they're better than some of the tracks on the
album.