[Zombies] Mick Harris Collaboration

Eric Frans efrans at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:26:07 PDT 2010

After listening to the awesome JDs album (excellent job Jon!) and samples of
the newly released Scorn album (Refuse; Start Fires) here:

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/234748/refuse_start_fires

I got to thinking what an amazing full-length creation would be spawned from
a Jack Dangers / Mick Harris collaboration (not simply a remix track like
"Silver Rain Fell").  In the recent Jack Dangers mix on Digital Nimbus there
were some moments where I could almost hear Scorn as Jack slowed the beats
down and got a bit more evil.  I seem to recall some Meat Beat Manifesto
tracks too with a bit of this sound, but I'm blanking on the titles...  Dub
is definitely embedded in both Scorn and MBM, but the Scorn sound can be a
bit one dimensional at times, so interleaving it with Jack's techniques and
palette would be exciting to hear!  Anyway, enough dreaming, but I'd be
interested how others feel about this suggested collab.  Oh yeah, before the
dream ends I'd like hear this collab at at a venue with a massive sound
system. ;-)

I'm sure you all have ideas of other artists to collaborate with Jack too.
Another pairing I'd love to hear would be Jack Dangers / Dave Wright (Not
Breathing).  As I remember the connection is already there since Jack has a
custom circuit bent instrument or two that Dave created.

Given the digital distribution model the JDs followed with the tracks
composed and released in a few months, I'm optimistic for more
collaborations!

   - Eric