[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 25)

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Mon Jun 7 17:04:31 PDT 2010

The Legend of Marilyn Monroe (1966)
actor Peter Lawford, President Kennedy’s brother-in-law, introducing Marilyn Monroe to sing “Happy Birthday, Mr. President” to President Kennedy on his 45th birthday at the Presidential Birthday Gala at Madison Square Garden, May 19, 1962
Peter Lawford, “Mister president” @3:17

sampled in “Mister President” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHJRA2OqGw
http://www.archive.org/details/The_Legend_of_Marilyn_Monroe
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311432/

Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat, “The Voice of Cheese”
Susie Creamcheese, “Hello teenage America”
sampled in “Hello Teenage America” from 99% and “Children of Earth” from Autoimmune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyAEqoSDJb0

http://www.discogs.com/Frank‑Zappa‑Uncle‑Meat/master/36501
Uncle Meat (1987)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094212/

MFSB - Universal Love, “Sexy” @3:44
sampled in “10x Faster Than the Speed of Love” from 99%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Y8LvWifx4
http://milkcratebreaks.blogspot.com/2007/12/mfsb-universal-love.html
http://www.discogs.com/MFSB‑Sexy‑Human‑Machine/master/171291
http://www.discogs.com/MFSB‑Universal‑Love/master/143504
used as the prize cue for ‘The Big Deal of the Day’ from Let’s Make a Deal
Let’s Make a Deal (1980-1981)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198168/

Rhythm Controll - My House, “My House (Acapella)”
which is the source of Fingers Inc. - Can You Feel It, “My House (Acapella)”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9KEKnnlKs
http://www.discogs.com/Fingers‑Inc‑Can‑You‑Feel‑It/master/5664
http://www.discogs.com/Fingers‑Inc‑Featuring‑Chuck‑Roberts‑Can‑You‑Feel‑It/release/24874
Chuck Roberts, “In the beginning there was Jack, and Jack had a groove, and from this groove came the grooves of all grooves”
sampled in “DV8" from the Dog Star Man single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPYPu4fjZs
http://www.discogs.com/Rhythm‑Controll‑My‑House/release/149626

Mark Stewart - As the Veneer of Democracy Starts to Fade, “Passivecation Program”
“We are going to program you” @0:16
sampled in “Your Mind Belongs to the State” from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvdBecqYh7Q
http://www.discogs.com/Mark‑Stewart‑As‑The‑Veneer‑Of‑Democracy‑Starts‑To‑Fade/master/15748

You Asked For It (1950-1959)
Discovered that this clip is from the 50's TV show "You Asked For It", the Skippy Award is from Skippy Peanut Butter which sponsored the show.
announcer, “You asked for it!”
sampled in live performances
Elektro the Robot, “I am Elektro mightiest of all robots.  I was created by Westinghouse Laboratories.  I am seven feet, six inches tall.  I weigh two hundred and sixty pounds.  My brain is bigger than yours.  It weighs sixty pounds.  I can do many things.  If you use me well I can be your slave”
sampled in “Original Control (Version 2)” from Satyricon, “Original Control (Electro the Robot)” from the Mindstream single, “I Am Electro” from Original Fire, and the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdLEQNmsXag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay225WkU4Gs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042170/

DHS (Dimensional Holofonic Sound) - House of God, “#9 Bad Acid”
synthesizer keyboard line
sampled in “Fire Number 9" from Peel Session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvSvYm6Qeg
http://www.discogs.com/Dimensional‑Holofonic‑Sound‑House‑Of‑God/master/104773

Recording of the Apollo 8 Air-to-Ground Transmissions, December 23, 1968, 3:09 p.m.
Apollo 8 Technical Air-to-Ground Voice Transcription
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/mission_trans/AS08_TEC.PDF
Page 292
Lunar Module Pilot (LMP) William A. Anders, “You are looking at yourselves at a hundred and eighty thousand miles out in space”
Command Module Pilot (CMP) James A. Lovell, Jr., “Frank, what I keep imagining is if I am some lonely traveler from another planet”
sampled in “Hankerchief Head” from R.U.O.K?

Music in the World of Islam: 1, The Human Voice, “Dunya Yunis - Abu Zeluf”
These two samples and the title "Bush of Lies" are a nod to the David Byrne & Brian Eno album "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts", one of the early non-hip hop records to use sampling.
sampled in “Bush of Lies” from 2008 Tour EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybXaTipbQrQ
http://www.discogs.com/Various‑Music‑In‑The‑World‑Of‑Islam‑1‑The‑Human‑Voice/release/920909

The Moving Star Hall Singers - Sea Island Folk Festival, “Moonlight in Glory”
sampled in “Bush of Lies” from 2008 Tour EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvnCZLQK‑nc
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=612