[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 24)

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Mon Jun 7 17:02:04 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

It's been awhile, but here's some more trainspotting for your enjoyment

Rock and Roll: The Early Days (1984)
Alan Freed, “Rock and roll is a river of music”
Footage taken from the film
Rock, Rock, Rock (1956)
http://www.archive.org/details/rock_rock_rock @1:03:43
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049684/

Little Richard - Tutti Frutti
music playing in the background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFq5O2kabQo
Footage taken from the film
Don’t Knock the Rock (1956)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049152/

sampled in “Re-Animator (part 4)” from Storm the Studio

Film Footage Courtesy of:
National Broadcasting Company, Inc.
Arkoff International
Iduna Film
Orion Pictures
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=‑1985224322613165205#
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963791/

Recording of the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing Air-to-Ground Transmissions, July 20, 1969
Apollo 11 Air-to-Ground Voice Transcription
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/history/mission_trans/AS11_TEC.PDF
Page 319
Commander (CDR) Neil Armstrong, “Houston, uh, Tranquility Base here.  The Eagle has landed”
Capsule Communicator (CC) Charles Duke, “Roger.  Tran-Tranquility we copy you on the ground.  You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue.  We’re breathing again.  Thanks a lot”
Neil Armstrong, “Thank you”
Page 321
Neil Armstrong, “ . . . Houston, uh, that might have seemed like a very long final phase, uh.  The AUTO targeting was taking us right . . .”
Lunar Module Pilot (LMP) Buzz Aldrin, “Uh, we’ll get to the details of, uh, what’s around here, but it looks like a collection of just about every variety of shape, angularity, granularity, about every variety of rock you could, uh, find.  The colors, um, well it varies pretty much depending on, uh, how you’re looking relative to the, uh, zero-phase point.  Uh, there doesn’t appear to be too much general color at all.  However, it looks as though some of the, uh, rocks and boulders, of which there are quite a few in the near area, it looks as though they’re going to have some interesting colors to them.  Over”
Page 322
Charles Duke, “Be advised there’s lots of smiling faces in this room and all over the world”
Neil Armstrong, “Well there are two of them up here”
Charles Duke, “Rog.  That was a beautiful job you guys”
Command Module Pilot (CMP) Michael Collins, “And don’t forget one in the command module”
Charles Duke, “Rog”
Page 379
Charles Duke, “Roger.  We copy”

Neil Armstrong, “I’m going to step off the LM now”
“That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”
“And the uh . . surface is fine and powdery.  I can, I can pick it up loosely with my toe”
“. . . a small fraction of an inch, maybe an eighth of an inch . . .”
Page 387
Neil Armstrong, “. . . ‘from the planet Earth first stepped upon the moon, July 1969 A.D.  We came in peace for all mankind.’  It has the crew members’ signatures and the signature of the President of the United States”
Page 392
Charles Duke, “Yes indeed.  They got the flag up now and you can see the stars and stripes from the lunar . . .”
Page 393
Charles Duke, “Uh, Neil and Buzz, uh, the President of the United States is in his office now and would like to say a few words to you.  Over”
Neil Armstrong, “That would be an honor”
Charles Duke, “Uh, go ahead Mister President.  This is Houston.  Out”
President Richard M. Nixon, “Hello Neil and Buzz.  I’m talking to you by telephone from the Oval Room at the White House, and this certainly has to be the most historic telephone call ever made.  I just can’t tell you how proud we all are [of what you have accomplished] for every American.  This has to be the proudest day of our lives.  And for people all over the world, I am sure they, too, join with Americans in recognizing what an immense feat this is.  Because of what you have done, the heavens have become a part of man’s world  And as you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility to Earth”
sampled in “I Got the Fear (part 2)” from Storm the Studio, “I Got the Fear”, “Kneel & Buzz”, and “Kick That Man” from Armed Audio Warfare, and “Kneel and Buzz” from Archive Things
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/apollo11_audio.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIuwXtQj9Eg
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=2133

Dan Hartman - Instant Replay, “Instant Replay” @0:13, 0:34, and 1:58

sampled in remixes of “Strap Down”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3Oc‑6Brdw
http://www.discogs.com/Dan‑Hartman‑CountdownThis‑Is‑It‑Instant‑Replay/master/135961
http://www.discogs.com/Dan‑Hartman‑Instant‑Replay/master/100911
http://www.discogs.com/Dan‑Hartman‑Instant‑Replay/master/117198
  Jane Fonda - Prime Time Workout, “Introduction”, LP 1984
Jane Fonda, “Are you ready for your prime time workout?”
sampled in remixes of “Strap Down”
http://www.kazaa.com/album/1820814/Jane_Fondas_Primetime_Workout.aspx
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jane‑fondas‑prime‑time‑workout/id330046935

Prince and the Revolution - Parade, "Kiss"
sampled in "I Got the Fear (Titanium mix)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOf_FJmb3V4

http://www.discogs.com/Prince‑And‑The‑Revolution‑Parade/master/16132
http://www.discogs.com/Prince‑And‑The‑Revolution‑Kiss/master/16168