[Zombies] sample spotting @ 00:38

quiller1 at email.com quiller1 at email.com
Thu Feb 11 22:15:59 PST 2010

The trademark Meat Beat?"sub-ping" gives it away, otherwise its just Cheryl Lynn and Boney M.? Liked Clear by Cybotron in there too, except I think it was supposed to be whatever Missy Elliot lifted it for.? The Chemical Brother's snippet is from Rockmaster Scott - The Roof is on Fire and if I'm not mistaken I thought that Basement Jaxx track used a big portion of a Gary Numan tune?? Funny how these second hand samples become completely recontextualize for a new generation.
?
One of my favorite bastard pop moments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBrkG_XDUI
Some warehouse classics, hoovers, yep.