[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 15)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Tue Sep 29 16:25:43 PDT 2009

David Bowie - Fame @0:28
sampled in “Re-animator (part 1)" from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_30HA7rec

Lord Buckley - Hip Ghan @1:49
“Boys, you know what to blow”
sampled in “DV8" and “Deviate” from 99%
http://www.rhapsody.com/lord-buckley/musicbox
http://www.lordbuckley.com/LBC_Lobes/LBC_Discography/LBC_Discography.htm
Euphoria II (1956)
The Best of Lord Buckley (1963)

Marks and Lebzelter - Rock and Other Four Letter Words
Inner liner note: "This album is dedicated to Karlheinz Stockhausen,
who destroyed our ears so we could hear."
“Eine Kleine Hayakawa”
snippets of phrases repeating when the beat drops out
The phrases and who said them are actually written out on the inner
gatefold of the LP: (assembled from 27 hours of interviews by J. Marks with 53 rock stars)
sampled in “She’s Unreal” from Subliminal Sandwich @2:23
“Other Four Letter Words”
“They’ll take any sort of art form water it down to their mentality
and produce it with a hard beat”
quote by Tim Buckley
“And ever since I blew my mind everything has just been so groovy”
quote by Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys
sampled in “Dub Again” from the Acid Again single
http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/06/marks-and-lebzelter-rock-and-other-four.html
http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=120425977329

Jimmy Swaggart - The Ring of Fire: A Message to the Young People of
Today - Side 2 @13:56
“This beat that the devil today has nurtured and fostered is
inspired by the powers of hell . . .”
“They said it’s the music, It’s the music”
“ . . . I just pulled off my clothes and I had to do it!”
sampled in “It’s the Music”
http://basementcurios.blogspot.com/2008/01/jimmy-swaggart-ring-of-fire.html

LSD: A Documentary Report on the Current Psychedelic Drug Controversy!, Capitol Records 1966
“Yeah eat my records too, what the hell, yeah”
“Brian’s been amusing his friends by chewing on some plastic flashbulbs”, Side 2 - The Trip @4:19
sampled in “I Control (Audio Collage #2)”
“LSD helps me to remember, grass helps me to forget”, Side 1 - The Scene, very end
sampled in “Empirion - Narcotic Influence (Meat Beat Manifesto mix)”, very end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skc68DGSG7U
http://salmagundisyncopation.blogspot.com/2008/12/lsd-documentary-report-lp.html
http://members.tripod.com/lysergia_2/LamaReviews/lamaLSDCapitolLP.htm
http://www.317x.com/albums/v/variouslsd/card.html
http://www.soundmuseum.com/tkm_favourites/favourites_text/lsd.html

Also, here's a live performance of Helter Skelter from '93 I found:

MBM - Meat Beat Manifesto - Helter Skelter (Live) 3-21-93
http://vodpod.com/watch/1293734-meat-beat-manifesto-helter-skelter-live-3-21-93

And to add a sample trainspotting angle to it, this performance uses a sample of
Laurie Anderson - Walking & Falling
http://www.last.fm/music/Laurie+Anderson/_/Walking%2B%2526%2BFalling?autostart
http://www.rapidshareindex.com/Laurie-Anderson-Big-Science-1982-_7477.html

peace