[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 19)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Mon Oct 26 21:41:53 PDT 2009

One last post, then I'm taking a long break, hopefully we'll have some new Meat Beat material by then.  Enjoy!

Some extra spots and links I left out from the Travelogue DVD / Live '05:

UFO (1970)
Season 1, Episode 1, Pilot, “Identified”
“Red alert, red alert”
“UFO four-two-eight, one-four-six” @1:39
sound effect of the UFO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIrRDjrHQnY
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063962/

UK Chanel No. 5 advertisement (1970)
in “Southern States” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqAN0748zQ

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
scream @2:15
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFfUnimUH4
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026138/

George W. Bush’s Address to the Peoples of Iraq, April 10, 2003
“This is George W. Bush, the President of the United States”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xGWaDb2Yg
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/wariniraq/gwbushiraq41003.htm
sampled in “Nuclear Bomb” from Live ‘05

The Exorcist (1973)
“Fuck me!  Fuck me!” screaming @4:01
sampled in “God O.D. (part 3)” from Storm the Studio and “Untitled
5" from Archive Things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD1L8YqaHqs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070047/

Rock and Roll: The Early Days (1984)
Reverend Jimmy Snow @0:11
“I know what it does to you.  I know the evil feeling that you feel
when you sing it.  I know the lost position that you get into and
the beat.  Well, if you talk to the average teenager of today and
you ask them what it is about rock ‘n’ roll music that they like
and they’ll the first thing that they’ll say is the beat, the beat,
the beat”
Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
music playing in the background
http://www.wat.tv/video/chuck-berry-sweet-little-sixteen-1e76v_k0rs_.html
sampled in “Strap Down (part 3)” from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U17vvQC2lXE
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963791/

Richard M. Nixon calling Apollo 11 from the White House
“Hello Neil and Buzz, I am talking to you by telephone from the
Oval Room at the White House, and this certainly has to be the most
historic telephone call ever made from the White House.
I just can't tell you how proud we all are of what you have done.
For every American this has to be the proudest day of our lives,
and for people all over the world I am sure that they, too, join
with Americans in recognizing what an immense feat this is.
Because of what you have done the heavens have become a part of
man's world, and as you talk to us from the Sea of Tranquility, it
inspires us to redouble our efforts to bring peace and tranquility
to earth.
For one priceless moment in the whole history of man all the people
on this earth are truly one--one in their pride in what you have
done and one in our prayers that you will return safely to earth.”
sampled in “Kneel and Buzz” from Armed Audio Warfare and Archive Things
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=2133

Mickey Dread - African Anthem
“Riddim fulla culture y’all” @4:52
sampled in “Radio Babylon”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMpJa3HqIw
http://www.discogs.com/Rod-Taylor-Mickey-Dread-His-Imperial-Majesty-African-Anthem/release/1412750

Star Trek: Sound Effects from the Original TV Soundtrack,
“Transporter Materialization”
sampled in “Edge of No Control (Satyriconsolidated - Consolidated
Reply)” from the Edge of No Control single
http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-trek-sound-effects.html
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Star-Trek-Sound-Effects-From-The-Original-TV-Soundtrack/release/1602216

Star Trek: Sound Effects from the Original TV Soundtrack, “Red
Alert Klaxon #3"
repeating horn sound at beginning pitched down
sampled in “Fragments” from Eccentric Objects
http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-trek-sound-effects.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPjDvZQ1jc

Beaver & Krause - Walkin’
sampled in “What Does It All Mean?” from R.U.O.K?
http://www.rhapsody.com/beaver-and-krause/in-a-wild-sanctuary-gardharva
http://www.discogs.com/Beaver-Krause-Gandharva/release/442119

Radio Caroline International call sign
“Going back in time on the sounds of the nation, it’s a flashback!” @1:01
sampled in “Echo in Space Dub” from . . . In Dub
beeping sound @5:01
sampled in “Supersoul Dub” from . . . In Dub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqz8eqG7Wtw
http://www.radiofab.com/itemdetails.php?search_format=3&recordid=14

Zardoz (1974)
“Caution, you are approaching the periphery shield of vortex four” @1:33
sampled in “Fromage Dub” from . . . In Dub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/

PAMS radio jingle
WABC 77
“The best music” @0:33
This may have been a generic call sign made for many radio stations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWveOetr5-E
sampled in “Design for Living” from Archive Things

Malcolm McLaren - Buffalo Gals
sampled in “Design for Living” from Archive Things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8D6WNzrysU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DeTR8n7eTU
http://www.discogs.com/Malcolm-McLaren-Duck-Rock/master/68613

Car Wash (1976)
“You gonna dig this”
sampled in “Untitled 5" from Archive Things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnE2NVLT_4s
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074281/
http://www.discogs.com/Rose-Royce-Car-Wash-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/master/111750

Cabaret Voltaire - Breathe Deep
sampled in Space Children “Let’s Go Disco” from Archive Things
http://www.last.fm/music/Cabaret+Voltaire/_/Breathe+Deep?autostart
http://www.discogs.com/Cabaret-Voltaire-2-X-45/master/2242

peace

quiller