[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 18) Special Tino's Breaks Edition

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Mon Oct 26 19:31:24 PDT 2009

Hello friends, my name is quiller.
Do you like the drums?
Great man!  I love them!

Jo Jones - The Drums
“Ladies and gentlemen, this is an experimental record.  Its an
experimental for me and I hope it’ll be experimental for you.
There’s always been a mystery about the drum”
sampled in “Tino’s Beat” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 1 and “It’s
Christmas Time” from Tino’s Breaks 3: Christmas
“In my hand I’m holding a pair of sticks and you can see through
the record that these are sticks because of the sound”
sampled in “Kick Exercise” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 1
“We will use some common beats, common beats is something that
anybody can follow, you don’t have to get fancy with them, like
this”
sampled in “Starsky Beats Hutch” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 1
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jo_jones/the_drums/
http://www.papajojones.com/
http://www.carterinternational.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=49

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (1972-1985)
“Hey, hey I’m okay”
sampled in “Tropical Soul” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068072/

Ralphie Martinez and His National Combo - Cool, Man!
shouts
sampled in “Intro Latin Beats” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2 and
“Musica Mambo” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 4: Mambo
http://waxidermy.com/raphie-martinez-and-his-national-combo-cool-man-mary-lou/

Tito Morano and His Orchestra - Let’s Cha Cha Cha, “La-La Cha Cha”
“Play a mambo Tito.  No, lets cha cha cha”
sampled in “Intro Latin Beats” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2 and
“Play a Mambo”,  “Lunar Cha Cha”, and “Mambothon” from Tino’s
Breaks Volume 4: Mambo
http://baikinange.blogspot.com/2009/07/terrors-of-antilles.html
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/tito_morano_and_his_orchestra
http://www.discogs.com/Tito-Morano-Et-Son-Orchestre-Cha-Cha-Cha-In-Hi-Fi/release/1276988

William S. Burroughs - Call Me Burroughs, “Excerpts from Nova
Express”, “Uranian Willy”
“Return to base immediately”
“Prisoners of the earth come out”
“Storm the studio”
“Ride music beam back to base”
sampled in “Basic Rudiments” from Tino's Breaks Volume 2
http://www.ubuweb.com/sound/burroughs.html
http://www.discogs.com/William-Burroughs-Call-Me-Burroughs/master/42451

Bob James - Nautilus
sampled in “Basic Rudiments” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2
http://www.discogs.com/Bob-James-One/master/43695

Buddy Rich - The Bus Tapes
“I don’t know what kind of drummers you think you’re playing with,
but you’ll play with me or you’ll get out.”
“What the fuck kind of music do you think you’re playing here
anyhow?  And who do you think you’re playing for?”
sampled in “Bit” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ssZeOZkWU
In the bus between sets
http://www.cis.rit.edu/~ejipci/buddy_rich.htm

The Sounds and Music of the RCA Electronic Music Synthesizer Disc 1
- Side B - “The Synthesis of Music: Synthesis by Parts (part 1)”
“Music is a succession of tones so arranged as to create a desired
effect. Let us synthesize a series of tones to make a melody like
this.”
This recording is featured on the alternate video channel on the In Dub DVD.
sampled in “Exercise in Melody” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2
http://36-15-moog.blogspot.com/2008/04/sounds-and-music-of-rca-electronic.html
http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Sounds-And-Music-Of-The-RCA-Electronic-Music-Synthesizer/release/1146605
http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Synthesis-Of-Music/release/1207029

Highlights of Vortex, “Henry Jacobs - Logos”
Also on the alternate video channel.
sampled in “Exercise in Melody” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1156
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Highlights-Of-Vortex/master/177394

Duke Ellington - Cotton Club Stomp 1929
“I’d like to have the pleasure of introducing the greatest living
master of jungle music”
sampled in “Ape Man Beat” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2 and “Toasted
Dub” from Tino’s Breaks 5: DUB
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3vfoxqthldde

Rich Gossage - tirade on reporters
“Turn it on you crazy cock sucker”
“All you motherfuckers with the fucking tape recorder”
“You can fucking turn it on and take it upstairs, to the fat”
sampled in “You Have a Great Body” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75KU9reHAs

Saturn 3 (1980)
“No taction contact”
“You mean don’t touch?”
“Correct” @3:41
“It’s time we get to bed captain”
“Yes, you have a great body, may I use it?”
“Yes” @8:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd7hznYAi2s
“Oh, that’s better, that’s much better, thank you”
“I have something for you, Earth dreams”
“I’m today, he’s yesterday”
“Don’t you like me?” @6:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9K3dVk9DE
sampled in “You Have a Great Body” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 2 and
“Body Dub” from Tino’s Breaks 5: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-2Zh2KS8lY
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079285/

Stormy Weather (1943)
“Yeah, well if you want to stay in this show just do your stuff on
the drums, that’s all, just do your stuff on the drums”
sampled in “Jazz Overload (live)” from Tino’s Breaks Volumes 1 & 2
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036391/

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte
“What we’re gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time”
sampled in “Its Christmas Time” from Tino’s Breaks Volume 3:
Christmas, and “FX 2" from Tino’s Breaks 5: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3gHYiG6zg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0

Public Enemy - Bring the Noise
“Bass”
sampled in “Christmas in Hawaii” from Tino’s Breaks 3: Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvy7MWjfVPE

A Conquista de Copa, Victor Records
This is possibly the source of this sample.
Spanish and Portuguese sports announcers shouting “Goal!”
This is another recording featured on an alternate video channel on
the In Dub DVD.
sampled in “Ritmos Latinos”, “Conversation with Tino”, “Ice Pick
Mambo”, and “Bit” from Tino’s Breaks 4: Mambo

John F. Kennedy - Speech May 25, 1961, Establishing the goal of
sending a man to the moon.  U.S. Capitol, Washington D.C.
“Now it is time to take longer strides” @0:49
sampled in “Lunar Cha Cha” from Tino’s Breaks 4: Mambo
http://www.archive.org/details/jfks19610525

Dyke and the Blazers - Let A Woman Be A Woman, And Let A Man Be A Man @1:44
sampled in “Musica Mambo” from Tino’s Breaks 4: Mambo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpTEoreMRPA

Dennis Alcapone - Power Version
“From the number one station here comes”
rooster call shout
sampled in “D-U-B Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biw8BZ-9oFw

Saxon Studio International - UK Bubblers - Coughing Up Fire
sampled in “Kickit Dub” and “Liquid Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KjnWq5pVQ

Public Enemy - Welcome to the Terrordome
“Hear the drummer get” @0:24
sampled in “Toasted Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACMYAIXa1k

Yellowman - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
“Nobody move, nobody get hurt”
sampled in “Toasted Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nh5CapYICg
http://www.discogs.com/Yellowman-Nobody-Move-Nobody-Get-Hurt/master/84280

The Simpsons (1996), “Homerpalloza”
Sen Dog from Cypress Hill
“Toasted, nicely toasted” @18:55
http://www.pp2g.tv/vZHx-Ync_.aspx#
sampled in “Toasted Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB

“Keep, The Faith Baby!”
Adam Clayton Powell’s Message to the World
Dateline : January 1967, An Exclusive Live Recording
This is likely the source of these vocal samples.
“And black power doesn’t mean anything unless you have green power”
“Green power”
“Green power, green power”
“Get that green in your pocket baby”
sampled in “Liquid Dub” from Tino’s Breaks Five: DUB
http://www.bizarrerecords.com/galleries/preach/PowellFaithbaby.html
http://www.ourvinylrecords.com/pages/OVRI/LP/details/185814.html
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19670122&id=jZIUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=awUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2533,4996971

peace