[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 17) Special Travelogue DVD / Live '05 Edition

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Tue Oct 20 12:21:53 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Ever wonder where Meat Beat gets all the eye candy for their recent live shows?  Well here is a compendium of visual and auditory sample spots for your viewing and listening pleasure.  I've organized them in roughly the order they appear on the recordings.  Stay tuned for a special Tino's Breaks post coming up soon, then I'm going into trainspotting hiatus since, as you can imagine, my free time is getting severly cut into with this project.  Enjoy.

>From the Travelogue Live '05 DVD and the Live '05 CD:

Sound Patterns, Folkways Records, “Man Made Sounds - Short Wave Radio”
shortwave radio sounds in the background
on the title screen to the Travelogue DVD
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1118
http://mp3.rhapsody.com/unspecified/sound-patterns

Black Belt Jones trailer (1974)
“The movie that grabs you and never lets go” @0:28
in “Hello Cleveland” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kI5IeAJJBQ
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071221/

The Outer Limits (1963)
opening sequence
sampled in “I Am Electro” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WvPRKvIJrk
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056777/

The Skippy Awards, Elektro the Robot
“If you use me well, I can be your slave”
“I am Elektro”
“My brain is bigger than yours”
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdLEQNmsXag

UFO (1970)
TV show opening sequence
Season 1, Episode 1, Pilot, “Identified”
“Red alert, red alert”
“UFO four-two-eight, one-four-six”
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RfzkhqBLY
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063962/

Kronos (1957)
John Emery as Dr. Hubble Elliot, “Electro” @9:58
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUJa6XLgA4&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L1h4h_NU_E
Parts of this film may have also been used in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
“That unusual sound you hear is being given off by the approaching asteroid” @3:42
sampled in the visuals for “Prime Audio Soup” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVF6495CcY8&NR=1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050610/

Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock
“Y’all get funky?”
sampled in “I Am Electro” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vLzsG2TCU

Mariah Carey
singing one of her high pitched screams
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD

The visuals of a man in a steel suit receiving electric arcs from a Tesla coil may be footage of Dr. Megavolt.
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHRoth2SAsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_nJ66b1-4

Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
books burning
sampled in the visuals for “I Am Electro” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060390/

Charlie Chan at Treasure Island (1939)
“I am now your control” @0:29
“You are my control”
sampled in the visuals for “Spinning Round” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Sl5Fnfd-k
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v19165202aJ6yebdz#
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031147/

Chain Gang Women trailer (1971)
"When you leave, take me with you" @0:22
sampled in the visuals for "Spinning Round" from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6_YFY-ovE
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066905/

Jan Svankmajer - The Flat (1968)
music by Zdenek Liska @5:14
visuals @4:45
sampled in the visuals for “Spinning Round” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Tu92I7CMA
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062770/

Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
“Let yourself go and look at the light”
“Relax and let yourself become deeper and deeper”
“Deeper . . . deeper to meet my tone”
sampled in the visuals for “Spinning Round” from the Travelogue DVD
Richard Burton as Father Philip Lamont, “Evil”
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076009/

Gilligan’s Island (1966), Season 3, Episode 9, “Ring Around Gilligan”
Tina Louise as Ginger Grant, “I hear and I obey” @1:12
sampled in the visuals for “Spinning Round” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40823_ring-around-gilligan_shortfilms
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057751/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588091/

I Was a Teenage Frankenstein trailer (1957)
“What I create I must control” @0:18
“I want him to know”
sampled in the visuals for “Spinning Round” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czUAnuOMZ4k
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050531/

Amiri Baraka - Black Dada Nihilismus
>From a Reading at the Asilomar Negro Writers Conference, Pacific Grove, California, early August 1964
“Black dada nihilismus”
sampled in “Hello Teenage Amerika” from Live ‘05 @1:44
http://www.writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/x/Baraka.php

Edgard Varese - Poeme Electronique
woman’s voice @1:23
sampled in “Hello Teenage Amerika” from Live ‘05 @ 2:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQKyYmU2tPg

UK Ben Sherman shirt advertisement (1971)
“That’s a nice shirt, it’s a Ben Sherman”
sampled in the visuals for “Radio Babylon” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QpGsJX0fk

The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
Nathaniel Lees as Captain Mifune, “Alright!” @1:22
sampled in the visuals for “Radio Babylon” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f87PCbJ-KNg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242653/

The Illustrated Man trailer (1969)
sampled in the visuals for “Radio Babylon” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2391671065/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064473/

Rock and Roll: The Early Days (1984)
Reverend Jimmy Snow @0:11
“I know what it does to you.  I know the evil feeling that you feel
when you sing it.  I know the lost position that you get into and
the beat.  Well, if you talk to the average teenager of today and
you ask them what it is about rock ‘n’ roll music that they like
and they’ll the first thing that they’ll say is the beat, the beat,
the beat”
Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
music playing in the background
http://www.wat.tv/video/chuck-berry-sweet-little-sixteen-1e76v_k0rs_.html
sampled in “Radio Babylon” from Live ‘05
Chairman of the Alabama White Citizens Council @1:38
“vulgar animalistic”
“rock ‘n’ roll boff”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U17vvQC2lXE
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963791/

Head (1968)
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmwjY42Yaw
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063049/

The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Troglodyte
“What we’re gonna do right here is go back”
sampled in “God O.D.” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a3gHYiG6zg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRXQEA0yj0

Forbidden Planet (1956)
Leslie Nielsen as Commander J.J. Adams shooting a ray gun at the Krell door @3:15
(Yeah, he used to do serious roles before the Naked Gun films)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2NPg7KE6s
Anne Francis as Altaira Morbius and Leslie Nielsen watching the Krell homeworld destroyed @8:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwmKClCAbQ
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/

Prince of Space (1959)
Phantom of Krankor over television and laughing @0:59
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUMJNXrW6U
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053464/

Mars Needs Women (1967)
"Mars needs women"
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D." from the Travelogue DVD
Original trailer:
http://www.amazon.com/Mars-Needs-Women/dp/B000VEV2D4
Here's an updated VHS trailer:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4tntw_mars-needs-women-trailer_shortfilms
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060672/

Star Trek: Sound Effects from the Original TV Soundtrack,
“Transporter Materialization”
sampled in “God O.D.” from Live‘05
http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-trek-sound-effects.html
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Star-Trek-Sound-Effects-From-The-Original-TV-Soundtrack/release/1602216

Journey to the Seventh Planet trailer (1962)
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
beeping sound at beginning of trailer
sampled in “Helter Skelter” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Cix53XRVs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056127/

Journey to the Seventh Planet (1962)
Ann Smyrner as Ingrid “It’s the mind of this being, its brain.  It can use its brain at nearly full capacity” @48:01
sampled in the visuals for “God O.D.” from the Travelogue DVD
“Its brain”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4947319747872402517#
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056127/

Paul Shaffer on The Late Show with David Letterman
“They did what the kids call sampling”
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” from the Travelogue DVD

Black Tight Killers (1966)
Japanese woman throwing 45 rpm records
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” on the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWaN2Qrqc4
http://liverputty.blogspot.com/2007/04/black-tight-killers-1966.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273925/

Bill Clinton
“No, no, no”
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” from the Travelogue DVD

Hellraiser (1987)
“We have such sights to show you”
“We’ll tear your soul apart” @0:14
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3484156185/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTe032Uw718
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093177/

Boogie Down Productions - My Philosophy music video @0:33
“What, where, why, or when
Will all be explained like instructions to a game
See I’m not insane, in fact I’m kind of rational
When I be asking you who is more dramatical
This one or that one the white one or the black one
Pick the punk and I’ll jump up to attack one
KRS-One is just the guy to lead a crew”
“Right up to your face and dis you”
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” on the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOaHLsNPM88

The Warriors (1979)
Cyrus’ speech
“Can you dig it?  Can you dig it?  Can you dig it?”
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/

Sincerely Yours (1955)
man playing the piano, Liberace as Anthony Warrin, “I’m deaf, stone deaf”
sampled in the visuals for “No Purpose, No Design” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.jabootu.com/sinyours.htm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048623/

Heaven’s Gate Cult Initiation Tape
Marshall Applewhite “Leave with us” @0:53, 1:10
in “Southern States” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo

Videodrome (1983)
Deborah Harry as Nicki Brand, “Please” @8:43
in “Southern States” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxQ4N9Bozk
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086541/

Roxy Music - Ladytron (live)
Brian Eno playing his EMS VCS-3 synthesizer @4:04
sampled in “It’s the Music” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeEBMJt8vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYOpWN-bvo @0:08

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
scream @2:15
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026138/

The Devil Rides Out trailer (1968)
“Don’t look at the eyes!” @1:23
“Eyes!”
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-801cHLjK0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062885/

The Outer Limits (1963), Season 1, Episode 25, “The Mutant” @9:02
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQkLZW5IkGc
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056777/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667845/

The Outer Limits (1963), Season 1, Episode 14, “The Zanti Misfits” @1:59, 2:54, 3:20
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7M_0syyJQ
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056777/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667850/

The Hypnotic Eye trailer (1960)
Jacques Bergerac as Desmond, “And now if you dare, look into the hypnotic eye!”
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFn59uIxvA
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053931/

Brazil (1985)
Jack Lint interrogating Sam Lowry
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLynM-GI_Mk
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Theremin virtuoso Clara Rockmore playing the theremin
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cOdZh4zK8

The Delicate Delinquent (1957)
Jerry Lewis playing the theremin @1:31
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3i_XE1qBI
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050301/

Village of the Damned trailer (1960)
“Leave us alone” @1:41
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aA2HliA1KE
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054443/

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
Harry Shearer as Derek Smalls gets his pickle wanded @0:57
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.videosift.com/video/Spinal-Tap-How-to-piss-off-Airport-Security
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

American Graffiti (1973)
Wolfman Jack “The wolfman is everywhere” @1:53
sampled in the visuals for “She’s Unreal” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Jo1gH89VM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069704/

Dr. Strangelove (1964)
Major Kong riding the bomb
sampled in “Nuclear Bomb” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

George W. Bush
“Danger killers”
“Dubya”
“This is George W. Bush, the President of the United States”
sampled in “Nuclear Bomb” from Live ‘05

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)
Ed Harris as Dave Moss, “Fuck you!” @5:02
sampled in “Nuclear Bomb” from Live ‘05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2uNslC2xFI
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104348/

A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Malcolm McDowell as Alex @2:15
screaming and scene where he tries to grab a woman’s breasts, but becomes sick
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” and “Edge of No Control” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMzepSePD4
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/

Helter Skelter ‘97 music video
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgsdquC8YUM

Star Trek (1966-1969)
Leonard Nimoy as Spock
(Sorry, can’t be bothered to hunt down the particular episode)
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060028/

Agency (1980)
“My subliminal message was embedded on the videotape”
“Subliminal message for children”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081989/

This Is Elvis (1981)
woman saying “Should not be on television”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083193/

Marshall McLuhan - The Medium Is the Massage, Side A @3:39
motor sound
sampled in “Helter Skelter” from Live ‘05
http://www.ubuweb.com/sound/mcluhan.html
http://www.discogs.com/Marshall-McLuhan-The-Medium-Is-The-Massage-With-Marshall-McLuhan/release/1026113

Trinity Broadcasting Network televangelist Jan Crouch
woman with giant blonde wig
http://www.usareligiousnews.com/newsImages/Jan%20Crouch%20Picture%20SMALL.jpg
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” on the Travelogue DVD

Dark Star (1974)
Dan O’Bannon as Sgt. Pinback, “Mark at five, four, three, two, one, drop, drop, DROP!”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
Brian Narelle as Lt. Doolittle, talking to Bomb 20
red outlined “Attention, Incoming Transmission” box
sampled in the visuals for “Edge of No Control” and “Southern States” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069945/

The Beatles - Helter Skelter
guitar riff at start
sampled in “Helter Skelter” from Live ‘05 @4:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfkVGCU_BA

Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake performing “Rock Your Body” at the Superbowl XXXVIII Halftime show in Houston, Texas live February 1, 2004 on CBS television
Wardrobe malfunction @1:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLbERWVR30

Mirage (1965) ?
(Not certain on this one, but it’s definitely Gregory Peck)
Gregory Peck as David Stillwell, “You’ve seen too much television”
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” on the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059448/

Dan Rather from the CBS Evening News
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD

Network (1976)
“Stick your head out of the window open it and stick your head out” @3:44
“I want you to get mad” @2:09
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew&NR=1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/

Maniac (1934)
“Oh gosh, this fire in my brain” @0:59
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfa9XetyzIE
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi380371225/
http://www.archive.org/details/Maniac
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025465/

Scanners (1981)
sampled in the visuals for “Helter Skelter” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081455/

Die Hard (1988)
Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber falling death
sampled in the visuals for “Edge of No Control” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezh6cZ2PzXg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/

Forrest J. Ackerman and Frank Coe - Music for Robots, Side 1 “The Tin Age Story”
man shouting @3:57
sampled in “Edge of No Control” from Live ‘05
http://36-15-moog.blogspot.com/2008/04/forrest-j-ackerman-frank-coe-music-for.html
http://www.filestube.com/cbcddd76a403c99403ea,g/Forrest-J-Ackerman-Frank-Coe-Music-For-Robots-1964.html
http://www.percepto.com/projects/017/

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987)
Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams being sucked through vortex @2:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-u3VTi9q0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092991/

8 ½ (1963) @3:10
dream sequence
sampled in the visuals for “Edge of No Control” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmEqBdde5H0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056801/

The Fly (1958)
“Help me! Please help me!”
sampled in the visuals for “Prime Audio Soup” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYDRxdgnC0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051622/

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin (1977), Series 2, Episode 1, “Remarried and Back at Sunshine Desserts”
John Barron as Charles Jefferson, “I didn’t get where I am today caring about people”
sampled in the visuals for “Prime Audio Soup” from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.leonardrossiter.com/reginaldperrin/CJisms.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073990/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0576221/

Rock All Night (1957)
Mel Welles as Sir Bop, “That was the infinite.  That was the livin’, rompin’, stompin’, whippin’ and flippin’ non-stop end.  That’s what it was daddy”
sampled in the visuals for “Prime Audio Soup” from the Travelogue DVD, at very end
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050906/

Can’t Stop the Music (1980)
Paul Sand as Steve Waits, “I do all the work and they take all the money.  Greed, greed!  Let me tell you about greed”
sampled in “Do It With Soul” from Live ‘05
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080492/

Deliverance (1972)
sampled in the visuals for the credits from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/

Bush failing to open doors
sampled in the visuals for the credits from the Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa3Ee2MFcjs

peace

quiller

--