[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 2)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Sat Jan 31 13:54:52 PST 2009

To further wet your appetites for audio-visual nuggets, submitted for your approval:

Mr. Gutenbad from Top Cat (1961), Episode 5 "The Violin Player" @0:12
"I'm so excited.  I could hardly wait to come back and hear some more of that beautiful music."
sampled in remixes of "Strap Down"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iKReMwos0&feature=related

Maniac (1934) @1:00
"Oh gosh!  This fire in my brain!  Agony!  Agony! Torture, this
tormention.  I can't take it!"
sampled in "God O.D. (part 1)" from Storm the Studio
Contrary to other lists that have this identified as being from the
film Reefer Madness, it is in fact from the Dwain Esper film
Maniac.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfa9XetyzIE

Sylvia Plath - Daddy
"They're dancing and stamping on you.  They always knew it was you.
    Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through."
sampled in "God O.D."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHjctqSBwM

Sylvia Plath - Lady Lazarus
"Herr God, Herr Lucifer"
sampled in God O.D. (part 1) from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBLxyTFDxE&feature=related

Peter Lawford at President Kennedy's Madison Square Garden birthday
party introducing Marilyn Monroe
"Mister president . . ."
sampled in (of course) "Mr. President" from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfQtfw8U06g

The Outer Limits intro
"We will control all that you see and hear."
sampled in "Mars Needs Women" from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WvPRKvIJrk

Bedazzled (1967) @4:52
soundtrack by Dudley Moore, "The Millionaire"
sampled in "Placebo" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu2nIBKMrc8&feature=related
Nice little cover here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDsN0inkBM

The Andromeda Strain (1971) @3:08
soundtrack by Gil Melle, "The Piedmont Elegy"
sampled in "Fire Number 9" from Peel Sessions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqOwqXafjcg&feature=related
http://www.discogs.com/release/1370918

Kraftwerk - The Voice of Energy (This is the only youtube clip I
could find of the original, just listen to the audio.)
sampled in "Radio Babylon (Peel session)" from Peel Sessions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR24joHwFrY

Scanners (1981)
It's in your brain now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pXvOFy1A4