[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Thu Jan 29 16:38:20 PST 2009

OK people, you asked for it.  Some choice MBM sample trainspotting
nuggets.  I've collected the links from my previous posts here too.
  It's amazing how much stuff you can find on youtube.  Most of
these are taken from film or television.  Some of these you
may already know, but have never seen or heard the source material.
Others are new and I haven't seen them listed anywhere else.

Ghostbusters
"We're ready to believe you!"
sampled in several versions of "Strap Down", "Reanimator"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtyNeMazZY8&feature=related

The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T (1953) @2:22 and 3:05
"You're finished, you're washed up, you can't make us play a note!
I can't, can't I?"
"Is it atomic?  Yes sir, very atomic!"
sampled in "Reanimator"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFXxzLZ8b6g&feature=related

Zippy from UK kids program "Rainbow", episode 'Music' @2:58
sampled in "Reanimator"
"You're supposed to be listening to the rhythm George, the rhythm
of the music."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIA3Rqcm1k&feature=related

The Tell-Tale Heart (1954) @6:33
Cartoon of the Edgar Allen Poe classic from Columbia Pictures / UPA
Production
"Louder and still louder.  They must hear it, yet they sit and talk
and talk.  They must, of course they do.  They know, they do.
They're torturing me, watching me.  Letting it beat so that I, that
I, STOP IT!"
sampled in "Strap Down (part 2)" from Storm the Studio

The Weird World of LSD (1967) @1:09
"We are about to take you into the world of the LSD user.  A world
that to him is real, yet is terrifying and unreal as anything ever
imagined.  We call his trip of terror 'To Fly A Giant Bird'"
sampled in "God O.D." from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVReD9WNs_A

Jan Svankmajer - The Flat @5:14
sampled in "Love Mad", "Soul Driver", live versions of "Spinning
Round" and the soup eating scene is used in recent live shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Tu92I7CMA

Dark Star (1974)
sampled in multiple tracks for Satyricon and remixes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-Niv2Xh7w&feature=related

Fahrenheit 451 (1966) @1:33 (The book burning scene in this was
part of the visuals for recent live shows.)
"Calling all citizens."
sampled in "Drop"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQ-yGCyjyM&feature=related

The Monkees - Head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmwjY42Yaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFM4hvpyWNE&feature=related
sampled in "Your Mind Belongs to the State" and "Mindstream" remixes

Ben Sherman shirt advertisement UK (1971)
sampled in "That Shirt" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QpGsJX0fk&feature=related

Double Two International 'That Shirt' advertisement
sampled in "That Shirt"
http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie_vintage.php?filename=VA0153
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H24xMvtITDA

Chanel No. 5 advertisment UK (1970)
sampled in "That Shirt"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMqAN0748zQ

Brazil (1985) @9:11
"We can offer you something at, say, eleven and a half percent over
thirty years, but you will have to buy insurance to qualify for
this scheme."
"Or if you prefer something more specific, say, against electrical
charges over seventy pounds."
"All you are requested to do at this stage is to sign this form."
"Think carefully before you decide.  Thinking ahead in financial
matters is always a wise course."
sampled in "That Shirt"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eucTStnXKvk&feature=related

Videodrome (1983) @6:42
"The televsion screen is the retina of the mind's eye.  Therefore
the television screen is part of the physical structure of the
brain.  Therefore what ever appears on the television screen
emerges as raw experience for those who watch it."
sampled in "That Shirt"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxQ4N9Bozk&feature=channel_page

The Skippy Awards, Elektro the Robot
sampled in "I Am Electro" and "Original Control (version 2)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdLEQNmsXag

The Brainiac (1962) @0:38:30 (If you like old sci-fi movies from
the 50's and 60's with unintelligable plots this is good one to
watch on its own)
"I wish they'd find some way to control the subjects a man studies.
             A maniac with a lot of knowledge is a threat."
sampled in "Untold Stories" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzAy5HEzhE&feature=related

The Alligator People (1959) trailer @0:35
"But these are people, you don't handle them like animals"
sampled in "Untold Stories" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP7PpOyZ6Ac

The Slits - Love und Romance
sampled in "Placebo" from Satyricon and "DJ Interruptus"
"Babylon lovers are babylon lovers. (Yeah, alright)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9C54bbPR2o

Saxon Studio International - UK Bubblers - Coughing Up Fire
I think this is Jack Dangers' "signature sound" album since you
find samples from it all over his tracks from MBM and Tino, too
many to list off hand.  The toasting Daddy Sandy does over "I Hold
the Mic!" from Autoimmune is taken from this album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KjnWq5pVQ

THX 1138
"What's wrong?"
sampled in "Asbestos Lead Asbestos" from Subliminal Sandwich

The Mike Curb Congregation - Burning Bridges (Theme from Kelly's Heroes)
sampled in "Cancer" from Subliminal Sandwich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8JPkBnvoF8

Tom Dissevelt - Syncopation
sampled in "Prime Audio Soup" from Actual Sounds + Voices

Marat/Sade @3:34 (Hardcore speech)
"Man has given a false importance to death.  Every animal, plant,
or man that dies, adds to nature's compost heap."
sampled in "Book of Shadows" from Actual Sounds and Voices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxux2UGItas&feature=related

VA- Sound Patterns, Folkways Records
"Man Made Sounds - Short Wave Radio"
sampled in "The Tweek" from Actual Sounds + Voices
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1118

VA - Ionosphere
"The Tweek" also likely gets its samples from this recording about
the dawn chorus, swishes, whistlers, and tweeks.
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=2199

Charles Dodge - He Destroyed Her Image
sampled in "3 Floors Above You" from Actual Sounds + Voices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369JzPk0ACo&feature=related

Marshall McLuhan - The Medium is the Massage
"How do you like it so far?"
sampled in "Wildlife" from Actual Sounds + Voices
Sampled in several live performances, "Everything you do is music."
http://www.ubuweb.com/sound/mcluhan.html

Also, Charles Dodge's "The Days Are Ahead" is sampled in "What Does
It All Mean?" from R.U.O.K.

VA - Highlights of Vortex: Electronic Experiements and Music
"Logos" by Henry Jacobs
sampled in "Book of Shadows", "Do It With Soul", Tino's "Exercise
in Melody" possibly several other places that don't come to mind at
the moment
You might recognize this as one of the albums shown on an alternate
video channel on the "In Dub" DVD
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1156

Radio Moscow and the Western Hemisphere
"War and Peace", "Religion", and most likely "Slinging Mud in Latin America"
sampled in "Intermission Dub" from In Dub
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=2208

Air Force Training Film on the Mace Matador Theory of Missile
Guidance 1959-60
sampled in "Timebomb Dub"
http://asuwlink.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/guidance.html
http://www.mace-b.com/38TMW/Missiles/Mace_B_IG.htm

William S. Burroughs - Towers Open Fire @7:26
"storm the studio" and "towers open fire"
sampled in "God O.D." and "Horn of Jerico", Tino's "Basic Rudiments"
The audio is most likely taken from an audio recording of this, but
here is the film Burroughs made.  Dada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7l8BwtThY

VA - Speech After the Removal of the Larnyx
sampled on "The Human Voice" by Jack Dangers, flexidisc
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1120

"Toasted Dub" by Tino samples a member of Cypress Hill on an
episode of the Simpson's called "Homerpalooza"
"Toasted, nicely toasted."

VA - Sounds of Insects, Folkways
The vocal and insect sounds at the very end of "The Utterer" from
Subliminal Sandwich likely come from this recording.
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1137

VA - Sounds of Medicine, Folkways
I'm fairly certain that the vocal sample with a doctor describing
heart sounds at the end of "Stereophrenic" from Subliminal Sandwich
comes from this recording.
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1115

Just a conjecture, but I suspect that a book-on-tape version of
"Science and Health with Key to Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddy is
the source of the vocal samples for "Mind is perpetual motion.
It's symbol is the sphere." from "The Sphere", "a symbol of soul
governing man" from Edge of Control (part 1), and "God made man
free", "evil" from "Untold Stories" on Satyricon.  Not certain on
this.

The Hypnotic Eye (1960) trailer
Part of the visuals for several recent MBM shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFn59uIxvA&feature=related

The visuals for a live version of "Caramel Dub" are taken from a
film called "Korean Alphabet (1967)" by Kin In Tae with synthetic
sound by Norman McLaren produced by The National Film Board of
Canada.  Pause the beginning of the youtube clip, see how the
screenshots match?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxLC3spuEw
http://www3.nfb.ca/collection/films/resultat.php?titre=korean%20alphabet&type=titre&interm=et&dureeMax=99959&anneeMin=1915&anneeMax=2099

Not really a sample spot, but another Elektro the Robot spot as "Thinko"
Sex Kittens Go to College (1960) trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9TXhs4Cjk&feature=related

Phew!  That's a lot!  And enough for now.  Hope you enjoy them!

peace

quiller

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!