[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 4)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Wed Feb 11 09:59:52 PST 2009

Disney's Peter Pan (1953) @8:22
"Come on everybody, here we go!"
sampled in "Strap Down" remixes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfji9V78rbE&feature=related

Favourite Ties advertisement (1971) @0:18 and 0:24
"In Terylene and Crimplene."
"It's my favourite too."
sampled in "That Shirt" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxuWUcHsYhw

"Tomorrow's World" by John Baker, BBC Radiophonic Workshop
sampled in "I Am Electro", "Original Control (version 2)"
http://www.discogs.com/BBC-Radiophonic-Workshop-BBC-Radiophonic-Music/release/907901

Cannonball Adderley - Soul Zodiac, "Cancer"
"Water purifies."
"This is cancer."
"A water sign."
sampled in "Phone Calls from the Dead" and "Cancer" from Subliminal Sandwich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0BTAzV5aAQ

John Cage - Variations IV, "Introduction"
"In the groves of this record is the sound of John Cage."
sampled in "We Done" from Subliminal Sandwich
http://www.discogs.com/John-Cage-With-David-Tudor-Variations-IV/release/792782

Here's some discogs links to recordings with the Tom Dissevelt
track "Syncopation" (U.S. title "Orbit Aurora") sampled as a
thematic ambient sci-fi figure in "Prime Audio Soup"
http://www.discogs.com/Tom-Dissevelt-And-Kid-Baltan-Electronic-Music/release/1167693
http://www.discogs.com/Tom-Dissevelt-Electronic-Movements/release/492243
Titled "Orbit Aurora" on this release
http://www.discogs.com/Electrosoniks-The-Electronic-Music/release/1054023

The Outer Limits (1964), Episode 25 "The Mutant" @9:03
sampled for the visuals in recent live shows, "She's Unreal" on Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQkLZW5IkGc&feature=related

The Delicate Deliquent (1957), Jerry Lewis playing the theremin
sampled for the visuals in recent live shows, "No Purpose, No
Design" on Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VIrDaE10A

The Warrior's (1979), Cyrus' speech
"Can you dig it?  Can you dig it?  Can you DIG IT!?"
sampled for the visuals in recent live shows, "No Purpose, No
Design" on Travelogue DVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk

another Double Two ad
Double Two (the shirt with the free spare collar) shirt
advertisement (1960's?) @4:15
"For you, for you, and you, and you!"
sampled in "Untold Stories" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pXyuzcA4c&feature=related

Did you know they still sell "That Shirt"?
http://www.atomretro.com/category.cfm?category_id=200

peace

quiller

--