[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 3)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Sat Feb 7 13:16:18 PST 2009

Hello friends, heres a few more:

Sly and The Family Stone - Rock Dirge
sampled in "I Got the Fear (part 2)" and "Wall to Wall"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mopy0xW9n0

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) @4:11
"We have come to visit you in peace and with good will."
sampled in "Mindstream" from Satyricon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHziasA7s8&feature=related

Dark Star (1974) @0:05, 4:30, and 6:45
"What is your one purpose in life?"
"To explode of course."
"Let there be light."
"I'm beginning to glow."  "Forever."
Another Dark Star clip
sampled in "Edge of No Control" and "Track 15"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luaRtGn2tsI&feature=related

Peter Tork from The Monkees - HEAD (1968)
Another HEAD clip
sampled in "Mindstream" remixes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjfAC3yYSHc&feature=related

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) @0:30
"The threat of agression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated.  There must be security for all, or no-one is secure."
sampled in "Mindstream (Psychedelically Speaking)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyHNgbrsoTo&feature=related

Big Daddy Kane - Raw
sampled in "Radio Babylon" (intro break sped-up, cut-up, reverb etc.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oa-oBBnSEU

23 Skidoo - The Gospel Comes to New Guinea
sampled in "Helter Skelter" and "Fire Number 9", elsewhere
A drum break in this is sampled in "Radio Atlantis"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-aUP05UPg

Voyager Golden Record
Sent on the Voyager 1 and 2 spacecraft
"Hello from the children of planet earth."
sampled in "Children of Earth" from Autoimmune
http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/languages/english.html

Ralphie Martinez and His National Combo - Cool Man!
sampled in "Intro Latin Beats" by Tino, perhaps elsewhere by Tino
http://waxidermy.com/2008/12/06/raphie-martinez-and-his-national-combo-cool-man-mary-lou/

Louise Huebner's Seduction Through Witchcraft, music by Louis and Bebe Barron
"The Turkish Bean Spell for Tender Love"
sampled in "Spells" by Tino from Hallowe'en Dub
Parts of this album were also sampled in "Electric People", "Future
Worlds (alt. vers.)", "Phone Calls from the Dead", "I Control
(Audio Collage #2)", "Retrograde Pt. 2 Dub We R 1", etc.
Here's a track from this album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkVnJaVaCkI
http://www.discogs.com/Louise-Huebner-Seduction-Through-Witchcraft/release/782264

peace