[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 10)

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Fri Aug 28 22:08:42 PDT 2009

A few more:

Kool & The Gang - Funky Stuff @0:32
sampled in “I Got the Fear (part 4)” @1:09 from Storm the Studio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxK75E1JOlE

Janet Jackson - Nasty Boys @0:37
“Gimme a beat!”
sampled in “Kick That Man” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_gaaUiNs8

James Brown - Sex Machine @0:10
“Doin’ it you know”
sampled in “Give Your Body It’s Freedom” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZyqMD5ncw

War of the Worlds (1953) @8:25
“Everybody listen carefully, the Martians are coming”
sampled in “Mars Needs Women” from Armed Audio Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt-b5D1Yr3s

Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat, “Uncle Meat Film Excerpt Part II”
“You’re the most manipulating person I’ve ever seen”
sampled in “All the Things You Are” from 99%
http://www.last.fm/music/Frank+Zappa/_/Uncle+Meat+Film+Excerpt+Part+II

World Domination Enterprises - Asbestos Lead Asbestos
covered by Meat Beat Manifesto on Subliminal Sandwich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isi4FYDFfps

Radio Programme, No. 1: Henry Jacobs’ “Music and Folklore”
Henry Jacobs - Audio Collage
sampled in “I Control (Audio Collage #2)”
http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=630

Forrest J. Ackerman and Frank Coe - Music for Robots, Side One “The
Tin Age Story”
This is record featured in the CD sleeve artwork for Actual Sounds + Voices.
“Nineteen-seventy, and eighty, nineteen-ninety, two-thousand?  Wow!” @12:42
sampled in “It’s The Music (mix 2000)” from Original Fire
http://scarstuff.blogspot.com/2006/10/forrest-j-ackerman-and-frank-coe-music.html
http://www.percepto.com/projects/017/
You can download this recording here:
http://www.filestube.com/cbcddd76a403c99403ea,g/Forrest-J-Ackerman-Frank-Coe-Music-For-Robots-1964.html
You might also recognize a familiar Orb sample from “Mickey Mars”
“Do you s’pose robots will enjoy listening to music?”  “Would you
be willing to work on it.  You already have and its on the other
side of the record.”
http://www.last.fm/music/The+Orb/_/Mickey+Mars+(7%22+edit)

Tod Dockstader - Two Fragments from Apocalypse - First Fragment
wound spring sound at beginning of track
sampled at the very end of  “Funny Feeling” from Actual Sounds + Voices
http://dockstader.info/
This player plays both fragments, sometimes the first, sometimes
the second, under one title:
http://dockstader.info/music.php

Beaver & Krause - Walkin’
sampled in “What Does It All Mean?” from R.U.O.K?
http://www.discogs.com/Beaver-Krause-Gandharva/release/442119

Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead
by Konstantin Raudive
This was a book released in 1971 documenting Electronic Voice
Phenomenon (EVP), the phenomenon of dead people’s voices being
heard on audio equipment which came with a 7" vinyl record of voice
samples.
http://www.colinsmythe.co.uk/books/brere.htm
You can download mp3's of this recording here:
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/09/voice_from_the_.html
“You are sleeping, you do not want to believe”, Breakthrough Side 1 mp3 @6:23
sampled in “What Does It All Mean?” and remixes from R.U.O.K?
“Zenta”, Breakthrough Side 1 mp3 @1:59
a dead Marguerta Petrosky calling her former employer Dr. Zenta Maurina
sampled in “Young Cassius” from Autoimmune

Also found this interesting Bo Square sample:

Ruth White - Flowers of Evil, “Evening Harmony”
“Now is the time”
sampled in “Numbers” by Bo Square from Sizing Things Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ba4-nurH9Y
http://www.discogs.com/Ruth-White-Flowers-Of-Evil/release/974211

Found these two recent MBM remixes too while Youtubing.  Neither are really my cup of tea, but I don't think anyone's mentioned them yet:

Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon (Lee Coombs remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrmGq7WNqeY

Meat Beat Manifesto - Helter Skelter (Mayhem + Evol Intent remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsjixriuGg

peace

quiller

--