[Zombies] Samples (Version Galore part 9)

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:23:13 PDT 2009

don't forget Bennie Maupin!

from the mbm news archive @ brainwashed:
Actual Sounds and Voices is the next slab of soundware sculpted by
Jack Dangers for MBM. Mainly a solo studio invention, the album also
sourced a live session comprised of the creative forces of the MBM's
Subliminal Sandwich touring band - Jack Dangers (synths, etc.), John
Wilson (prepared guitar), Lynn Farmer (drums), and Mike Powell
(various keys & 1958 Moog theremin) and various special guest
musicians, Dr. Pat Gleeson (Arp 2600, Wah Wah Pedal, Echoplex) and
Bennie Maupin (tenor and soprano sax; bass clarinet) - both members of
Herbie Hancock's seminal 70's jazz-funk sextet. Bennie has also
recorded and performed with Miles Davis (Bitches Brew, On the Corner,
Big Fun), Wayne Shorter, John McLaughlin, Lee Morgan, McCoy Tyner,
Horace Silver, and recently with Me'Shell Ndege'ocello. Also recruited
was Dan Nielson (keyboards) and ex-Consolidated member, Mark Pistel
(keyboards). Hours of recorded material were deconstructed into a
virtual jazz-suite titled, "The Thumb" and session elements were
plugged into other album tracks.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Levi Just<quiller1 at email.com> wrote:
> Interesting bit of historical trivia to this as well.  Dr. Pat Gleeson composed the ARP 2600 synthesizer part on "Rain Dance" for Herbie Hancock's Sextant album and would later play the ARP and Echoplex with Meat Beat Manifesto on "The Thumb" from Actual Sounds + Voices.  I guess what goes around comes around.
>
> peace
>
> quiller

Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music | Brainwaves Fest
P.O. Box 7 / Arlington, MA 02476 / USA