[Zombies] planet mu releases.

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:32:59 PDT 2008

British industry types get really snobby at the mention of MBM.  Their
industry is so trends-oriented that labels who actually believe in
this stuff have to tread lightly.  It's a damn shame.  MBM isn't
abstract enough to be approved by The Wire types of rags and not cute
and edgy enough to be featured in the NME types of rags.

So slapping the term "dubstep" on this album could be a good selling
point except this music doesn't sound much different than the music
MBM was doing before the word "dubstep" was introduced.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Jon Drukman <jdrukman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:55 AM, bitesize <bitesize.beats at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >   different tracklisting for uk release of the album! looks like we lose out
>  > on solid waste / young cassius / 62 dub / colors of sound / both
>  > international + international reprise. but we do get "house of unique stink"
>  > (good title) and "(live) and direct (live)", plus we get the remix of
>  > hellfire on the album instead of the album version (which is on the 12") -
>  > strange...
>  >
>  >   i can only presume that the planet mu release is more dubstep focused,
>  > since planet mu is a respected label in the uk dubstep scene. seems like the
>  > tracks we're missing out on are the more upbeat tracks, and the
>  > interludes... think i'm just gonna have to buy the us version + download the
>  > extra uk tracks off bleep.
>
>  sounds like the way to go.  damn shame that they're dropping "solid
>  waste", that's probably the most traditional MBM style track out of
>  the whole batch.

Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music
P.O. Box 7 / Arlington, MA 02476 / USA