[Zombies] Subliminal Backwards Masking in MBM

Levi Just quiller1 at email.com
Thu Feb 28 13:20:21 PST 2008

Wow, thanks for the link.  Maybe the man speaking is more intelligible if the the clip is played backwards and sped up.  Maybe if the reverb can be reduced, also.

Definitely shows Jack's fondness for musique concrete and popular 60's style tape manipulation.  I recently found out that the intro to "All the Things You Are" from "99%" is another sample from "Revolution 9" by the Beatles, except its sampled from playing the track backwards.  Check it out at minute 7:30 from this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG0wksBzKSc

I guess the "If you become naked" sample from Revolution 9 he uses throughout the 99% album played backwards says "Satan, look at me please".  Jack probably used it for amusing effect.

peace

quiller

Want an e-mail address like mine?