[Zombies] question regarding rare tracks...

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Tue Feb 12 03:55:10 PST 2008

1998: http://www.discogs.com/release/14034

> > there's simularaca (part 2) from 1994, and then
> > (part
> > 1) from 1995. I wonder how different these are from
> > each other and from the cut from Subliminal
> > Sandwich.
> > both are in the 7 minute range, only a minute
> > shorter
> > than the subliminal album version...which makes me
> > think even more why one is called "part 2" and "part
> > 1" and why 2 came before 1...ahhhhh

probably because they're both from compilations, and sometimes
compiling a various artist collection takes a long time

http://www.discogs.com/release/349501
http://www.discogs.com/release/23119

> > not playing god (funny noises mix)
> > the name of this sounds familiar. this must be a
> > remix. on an obscure japaense comp

i don't ever remember where the original of this song came from but it
wasn't an MBM song to begin with if my memory serves me correctly

> > "babylon burning (version galore) " but something
> > tells me that's just a mislabeled radio babylon
> > (version galore) mix

most likely

> > "travelogue 1- nyc to hawaii" and "travelogue 2"
> > which
> > are both on a dj spooky mix cd. probably not worth
> > checking out.
> >
> > there's "structures (version) " which also has an
> > exclusive tino track (vice versa dub) on the comp as
> > well

those are on the "Brain in the Wire" CD that I released in 2002 but I
can't figure out the difference in structures there and the one on
eccentric objects

> > "eclectic people" which may or may not be a
> > mislabled
> > "electric people" . this is 5:27 in length, nearly
> > 10
> > mins shorter than the subliminal sandwhich version.
> > there's a "electric people (jack dangers mix) " on
> > another comp that is 5:18 in length. the electric
> > people (version) from the unreleased 12" of nuclear
> > bomb is 5:27 in length, so that may in fact be the
> > "eclectic people" track. Or, the ep (version) that
> > has
> > been floating around on the net may be mislabled and
> > is "eclectic people"

have you seen this:
http://www.discogs.com/release/1193212

http://www.discogs.com/release/857007

> > and, probably the most interesting thing that I
> > found:
> > "source of uncertainty: 1996 " . this compliation
> > came
> > out in 1999, interesting.

http://www.discogs.com/release/646738
(once again, some compilations take time...)

--
Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music