[Zombies] RE: I have a confession...

Kent eat.a.burrito at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:56:16 PDT 2008

To each their own. Though I don't necessarily enjoy all of his work, I
admire Jack's versatility, imagination, and explorations. If I felt he
were just trying styles and sounds because they were the current
'thing' to sell records, I'd be turned off (not that I think that's
why you prefer 'old school'). All of his releases and remixes I've
heard have his distinct sonic signature, and strike me as an outlet
for an extremely independent, creative individual.

I do think people (or enough people to make a general statement) tend
to rut themselves into a musical preference and dismiss a world of
incredible music because it's too different from what they already
like. It took a club to the head to jar me out of my wave/synth-pop
rut some decades ago.

I do think artists often destroy themselves attempting to re-invent
themselves, or more often, selling out to a mainstream audience. Not
MBM.

I sure as hell wouldn't be without "At The Centre" or "RUOK?".

-LKS
http://disgruntleddj.blogspot.com/