[Zombies] Jack's Gear List?

Jon Drukman jdrukman at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:06:49 PDT 2007

i haven't been to tapelab in a few years but last time i was there the main
gear was:

ems synthi 100
ems vocoder
ems synthi-aks
emu e4
arp 2500
lexicon pcm80
mackie 8bus mixer
logic + protools on a mac g4 (mainly just used as a fancy tape deck)
kaoss pad + turntables + cd dj
circuit bent speak & spells and other toys

there was loads more stuff but a lot of it wasn't being used.  i remember
seeing roland handsonic drum, roland system 100m modular (used to belong to
the human league!), eml 101, minimoog, roland space echo, echoplex.  he said
he had a bunch more stuff like the arp 2600 and ems vcs3 in storage.  jack
had also started collecting vintage vocoders around that time.  don't forget
all the real instruments too - bass guitar, clarinet, flute

despite being so analog jack is absolutely not a snob about digital or
software at all.  i showed up with my laptop running acid & live and we
jammed beats out of live, processed thru the aks.  some of that became the
basis for the "super hit" track on loudness clarifies.