[Zombies] Tino Corp's Surround Sound Works DVD opinions

Digital::Nimbus pietrobot at digitalnimbus.com
Mon Jul 23 13:26:41 PDT 2007

I have to agree with Brian on this one, it has a similar style all the
way through.. i'm glad to have purchased the DVD for the simple fact
of it being 'MBM' related.. and although i can't fully appreciate the
5.1 surround (yet), the concept is great and i'm looking forward to
setting up our place to fully grasp its true function.

P.

On 7/23/07, Brian Conner <nyquist74722 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So......did anyone else get this yet?
> I have to say, I was fully expecting some ambient tracks....but not ALL!
> Man, I really could have gone for some beats. I was expecting some
> Subliminal Sandwich spacey stuff - with percussive elements though to keep
> some interest. Perhaps I haven't become seasoned enough yet to enjoy an hour
> straight of atmosphere with blips. Maybe I shouldn't have preconceived the
> content to be Meat "BEAT" Manifesto-production.
> Now, I dare not criticize because there's no doubt what's on the disc is
> artistic. I have total respect for the work. I can not deny however that
> it's just not my cup of tea. That's just my personal feeling. There are
> "ambiences" on the Tino Vision DVD which are a short loop of a few minutes
> each, and the visuals fill in the void of percussive motion. The SSW 5.1
> disc has the same visual scene the entire time, which again is fine, but I
> found myself looking for "something else" once the music lost me, and there
> was nothing else. Nothing went anywhere. Maybe it's a good DVD for
> background ambience as one wonders around the house or hosts a quiet
> cocktail hour...but don't drive in traffic with it .zzzzzzzzzzz.
>
> Sorry to be a negative. I'm just being honest.

Pietro Da Sacco
Igloo Mag (Managing Editor) :: www.igloomag.com
Digital::Nimbus (DJ) :: www.digitalnimbus.com
PO Box 307, Corona CA. 92878 USA