[Zombies] new shop open!

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Fri Jan 12 13:10:18 PST 2007

Somebody tried to do an official Zombies/unofficial MBM shirt like 10 years
ago on this list and things got all screwed up, people sent money, people
didn't get their orders, people got angry, then people blamed and took
things up with MBM and their management while they had nothing to do with
it. People don't realize how much they're effecting when they undertake
something like this.

Say somebody makes a bootleg CD and makes a cover for it of something
offensive or non-sanctioned by the band, it's all innocent (or so we assume)
if they pass it to their friends but then there might be that one friend of
a friend who eBays it and suddenly people might be all on MBM's case,
wanting to know what the story of it is and what their involvement is...
The people "on their case" might be a record label or management company who
MBM might want to maintain some level of professional business relations
with or something. It has the potential to become harmful. Things you think
are innocent might have a much larger impact than you realize. Something to
consider...

I would prefer to stay out of talk of unofficial shirts and non-officially
blessed merchandise, neither endorsing nor discouraging them.