[Zombies] Hot Mute

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Fri Mar 17 07:51:26 PST 2006

Christopher Miller wrote:

>Can someone tell me anything about Mark Pistel's new project, Hot Mute?  Are
>their tracks online somewhere to listen to?  Is there an album in the works?
>What kind of music is it?  Etc.

i would say it's mostly in the classic rock/new wave genre, circa
1977-1981.  reference points for me are led zep, queen, floyd, bowie,
and of course The Cars.  mark produces, engineers and mixes all the
tracks, and he plays lead guitar.

the album is done and mastered, don't know what the marketing plan is
for it yet.

they of course have the inevitable myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/hotmute

there's a pretty good selection of tracks on there.  you got the upfront
pop/new wave stuff like "she drives a car" and "medicine" and the more
prog rock stuff like "cattle for the gods."

it's approximately 18 billion miles removed from the electronic/meat
beat stuff he does.  you are warned!!

-jsd-