[Zombies] the live CD

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Thu Mar 2 13:49:35 PST 2006

Jonathan Eric Miller wrote:
> Was it just me, or was the guy on drums not really playing? I'm
> guessing he was just there for stage presence and the drums weren't
> live. He did a great job though. They played for at least an hour and
> half. His arms had to be getting tired by the end.
Lynn is absolutely playing for real during the entire show.  He is an
unbelievable drummer... one of the best in my opinion.  I did a jam
session with him and Mark Pistel for some local show a while ago and we
rehearsed at Mark's studio.  Lynn had the same V-drum kit there that
he's using on tour.  He also had a Kaoss Pad hooked up to his mixer and
he played it with his foot.  So he'd be busting out these incredible
drum 'n' bass rhythms and doing live filter effects on them at the same
time.   WITH HIS FOOT.

It's a tribute to his amazing timing that you didn't think he was really
playing I guess - if he was out of time with the backing loops you would
have noticed for sure.

-jsd-