[Zombies] the live CD

Seamonkey originalcontrol at charter.net
Thu Mar 2 06:06:48 PST 2006

Yeah, Dalek was confusing.  People were bashing the show on this list and so
I wanted to like 'em (it's the "root for the underdog" in me) but their show
honestly did sound better w/ my earplugs in!  The same noise going on over
and over and just rap after rap... at least with the 'plugs I could hear the
lyrics.
Oh well, MBM cleaned up nicely after them!
On the drum tip, I think part of the reason Jon Miller thought Lynn may not
have been playing was because of the drum pads.  They aren't full fledged
"drums" they're pads that give you synthesized sound and not "real"
percussion, so that may have added to the illusion because the sound of the
kit can change so much.  But if you really listen to the disc you can hear
and feel that they're live... plus I'm sure there was SOME sequenced
percussion parts back in there but I believe Lynn did a HELL of a job with
all those different beats to keep up with!
KUDOS Jack, Ben and Lynn!