[Zombies] NIN or Ministry?

Mike Wennmacher silksmd at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 1 01:28:28 PDT 2006

I don't know about Jello.  I know he's going to be in town like, a week from
now or something.  Maybe he will show.
And yeah, I totally dig ya about the new Revco.  There's maybe 3 songs that
could even come close to sounding like the original group.  It's definitely
more Ministry-esque, which is fine... but not for people who were really
hyped about hearing some new industrial funk grooves from them (I'm sure
Paul B. gone has a lot to do with it).  I know there was talk of a big
festival concert from Al long ago, bringing back Revco live, among other
things.  I think since that didn't pan out, after he got a few people
together, they just threw together an album instead.  I mean, that Prunetang
track on the new record was done back in 2004 (I had the mp3 on my pc 2
years ago).  So who knows... but Al should've definitely released it under a
different moniker.
I think Al is trying to push too much material the last few years anyway.
He needs to slow down.  I know he's off the fun sauce now and feeling alive
and coherent, but that's no reason to put out music that, compared to
Ministry 85-92, seems rather bland.  I mean, even Filth Pig, after all these
years, can definitely be appreciated.  If you listen to anything he's done
in the 2000's though, the albums just aren't strong all the way through
anymore.  They have a few good songs scattered (ie Leper), but TOO MUCH
focus on speed metal guitars is taking the life out of the music.  And some
of the engineering is questionable (probably cuz of his loss of high
frequency hearing).  Okay,  I'm done ranting haha.

Silks