[Zombies] MBM in SF

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Mon Feb 13 06:52:40 PST 2006

Jon Whitney wrote:

>Always bring ear plugs to -every- show. I've always got packs and packs of
>them.  I've been seeing on average 2-3 shows per week for the last 15
>years and a recent hearing test results place me with the hearing of a
>teenager still!

that impressive considering that the natural process of aging will eat
away at your hearing all on its own.

but yeah, why hasten the process by not wearing earplugs to a live show?

i've got tinnitus in my left ear from all the years of club-going.  i'll
be sitting down somewhere, minding my own business, and suddenly all the
sound in my left ear will vanish into this sucking vacuum, and then i'll
just hear a tone (like a test tone pretty much) for anywhere from 10-30
seconds.  every time it freaks me out that the tone won't stop but
eventually it does and normal hearing resumes... so far.  it can happen
to you!

-jsd-