[Zombies] MBM in SF

Tomas Diablo tomas at tomasdiablo.com
Fri Feb 10 11:39:53 PST 2006

Meat Beat Manifesto spilled my drink last night.

My beverage managed to move almost 2 feet - beat by bass-thumping beat
- until it fell off the table!  In talking to the bartenders, I learned
that they had to constantly keep an eye on the rows of stacked glasses,
for fear that they'd all come crashing down.  My advice to those going
to see MBM... bring ear plugs (although many venues will give you some
at the coat check if you ask) because Jack and crew like it LOUD.  Oh
yeah... and don't let your drink walk away from you.

It was an absolutely amazing show.  Some high points of the evening
(warning - spoiler alert): Nuclear Bomb, Radio Babylon, Edge of No
Control, Helter Skelter, Hello Teenage America, DHS' Telephone Sounds
and House of God.   They also did one piece that that all video clips
of drumming that was just amazing - it even had Animal from the Muppet
Show!  Hot!  And the funniest moment of the night: mid-song, Jack looks
up and suddenly realizes that he's on the big screen.  His eyes bug
out, his mouth flies open, and he ducks away like a frightened child.
I laughed for a couple of minutes from that, which of course just added
to the glee and euphoria of the evening.

I've posted my setlist from DJing the MBM show in San Francisco - it's
also got a few photos I snapped from the booth as well as the evening's
schedule.

It's at: http://www.tomasdiablo.com/setlists/020906Set.html

One more time... earplugs, people.

- Tomas