[Zombies] Just listened to Off Centre...

Brian's Hotmail nyquist74722 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:10:30 EDT 2005

Very nice ride to work today. The first few tracks sort of blend right together, as At The Center does...truly additional session tracks. Then an interesting live Shotgun! tune, but I have to say.......
I am very surprised that my favorite song on there...is Prime Audio Soup Live. The "single" that might be the only MBM song on someone's iPod, the most "popular" song as of late, the tune I would often hit "next" on.....yeah. Jack and crew have put this song back underground for me with this version.Saved for the end, it hits hard as hell, classicly MBM with choppy syncopated 16th note mayhem, scratching, ominous and haunting background textures, full-on beats drummed out by Lynn like a robot...it was awesome - I found myself going back to the 4 minute mark several times...I just didn't want it to end! The bassline wanders off the main "drop" style, the snare thickens way beyond the 3 and 6 accents- this crazy distorted death sound is droning and swelling - it's insane.
Anyway...enough of my rambling. Just thought I'd relay my impressions.
-Brian