[Zombies] kraftwerk/dc usa > last night's set list/review

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Tue May 31 21:08:53 EDT 2005

oh i like hard guitars but they're too "cock rock" for my tastes on those
records, and the lyrics are laughably cliche. "i'm chewing on glass..."
(whatever, al...)  i'm sure jack has some funny stories about the waxtrax
heydays of chicago! ;)

after all these years, it seems just about anything adrian sherwood
produced in the 1980s has miraculously withstood the test of time...  find
the Missing Brazilians album if you ever want to hear some fantastic dub
recorded in 1984 that sounds like it was recorded in 2004.  really, look
for it.  it's worth every effort made to find it.

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Mike Wennmacher wrote:

> Whoa whoa whoa Jon... Twitch is a great album, but Land of Rape and Honey
> and Mind are the best.  Unless you don't like hard guitars.

jonwhitney
TURBID.COM