[Zombies] MBM :: Live in Detroit 6/25 (Show Review)

Gabriela Schneider stereogab at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:32:35 EDT 2005

Thanks for that link -- that review articulates well what the show was like
last night in Baltimore, too. I really dug the Wizard of Oz set-up, although
it did feel a little disconcerting at times to not have a direct visual
interaction with the band. They really have perfected the video jamming --
including perfectly timed and highly amusing snippets. I was in total
sensory overload afterward.
 I am very glad that I got to see the show. The dramatic drive to Baltimore
amidst an intense thunderstorm set the mood well for an electric night. I
only wish Sonar had better ventilation -- it was very hot and steamy and
soooo smoky!! (cough, gasp) I also would expect that Meat Beat would attract
a more peaceful crowd. Still, this zombie had a BLAST and is thrilled they
were able to organize this tour. I echo Jon Whitney's post though -- I would
have loved to hear more of the new songs. Still, it was great to hear so
many old faves. I hope they get the attention they deserve. Thanks, Jack!
 -gabrielalala