[Zombies] just got tix - sonar

Gabriela Schneider stereogab at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:49:28 EDT 2005

hello teenage america,
 i am so excited! bought my tix and am soooo ready to get a major groove on
@ sonar on the 29th.
i realized that this will mark my 5th time making the zombie trek to worship
at the alter of jack and mbm. allow me to indulge in a little mbm
nostalgia...
 first time i saw mbm perform live, i was a little teeny bopper, rushing
home from communion to get the last train home. missed it and my curfew, but
it was so worth getting grounded. ; ) jack, ultramarine and orbital opened
my ears -- this little goth industrial brat was so anti 'techno' until that
night....if only i could have stayed til the end of the set.
 then...fast forward a few months later @ Boom! in NYC with 808 state. after
that blissful spring night, my wardrobe starting turning from shades of
black to technicolor.
 a few years later, escaped from college greeklife hell and trekked from
industrial wasteland of NE pennsylvania to irving plaza for a phenomenal
show from the subliminal sandwich tour. i remember really digging the live
theremin.
 then, a grad student in austin, texas...couldn't convince anyone to join
me, but probably had thee best time dancing my tuckus off @ la zona rosa.
the video art seemed to really come together for this (actual sounds+
voices) tour.
 so, now i get to bear witness as an adult. i'm taking my hippie boyfriend
to see that real psychedelic shows really do still happen.
 now, maybe i should dig out my waaaay faded zombie veggie vision tee.
I AM A ZOMBIE
see you in bawlmer?
gabrielalala