[Zombies] Bebe Barron on NPR

Digital::Nimbus info at digitalnimbus.com
Fri Feb 4 15:29:28 EST 2005

(I'm forwarding this message to
the Zombie list seeing as JACK
produced the 2CD 'Forbidden
Planet' release on Important....
and he collab'd with Not Breathing
on "Bebe Barron's Panties" featured
on the excellent Kimosciotic Records
album, 'Carrion Sounds.' --see below:)

# # # #

Bebe Barron on NPR
I'm forwarding this message from Peter Grenader to my newsletter mailing
list
because I think it will be of special interest to you.  If you don't reside
in North
America, I believe that the interview will be available online in the near
future at
<http://www.npr.org/>.

WHERE SCIENCE MEETS ART -- Louis and Bebe Barron

NPR's Morning Edition presents the second installment of a series on the
intersection of science and art.  The series kicks off on February 7th with
the
story of the electronic music pioneers whose work predated
synthesizers and samplers, and came before MIDI and Moog.

Louis and Bebe Barron composed the first electronic film score for a major
motion
picture, the 1956 science fiction extravaganza "Forbidden Planet" using
their
groundbreaking sound generation techniques.  But they have been largely
forgotten by
history.  NPR reporter Susan Stone tells their story.

Tune in to your local NPR station on February 7th.  Local times may vary,
but air
times are 6:40; 8:40 and 10:40am EST.

If you miss the story or want more details, visit www.npr.org to see the
special web
page built for the feature and listen to the story online.

For more information, contact Susan Stone at <susanestone at earthlink.net>.

STATION INFO:

Los Angeles:

KCRW 89.9 runs Morning Edition from 6-9am PST. Hear the story at 7:40
am.

KPCC  89.3 runs Morning Edition from 2-9am PST.  Get up early and hear
the story at 3:40, 5:40 and 7:40am

San Francisco:

KQED 88.5/89.3 runs Morning Edition from 3-9am PST.  Hear the story at
3:40, 5:40 and 7:40am

KALW 91.7 runs Morning Edition from 5-9am PST.  Hear the story at  5:40 and
7:40am

New York:

WNYC-FM 93.9/AM 820 runs Morning Edition from 5-9am EST. Hear the story at
6:40;
8:40am.

Washington:

WAMU 88.5 runs Morning Edition from 5-10am EST. Hear the story at 6:40;
8:40 and 10:40am.

WETA 90.9 runs Morning Edition from 6-9am EST. Hear the story at 6:40;
and 8:40.

Minneapolis:

Minnesota Public Radio runs Morning Edition from 4-8am CST. Hear the story
at 5:40,
7:40, and 9:40am

Boston:

WBUR 90.9 runs Morning Edition from 5-9am EST. Hear the story at 6:40 and
8:40am

if your city isn't listed and you want to find an air time for Morning
Edition,
visit: <http://www.npr.org/stations/>.