[Zombies] SHURE DUDE

Brian Conner nyquist74722 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:14:20 EDT 2005

I have to say, the biggest draw that MBM had for me which got me heavily
into them/Jack was the sampling. The most beautiful, comical, perfect
polyrhythmic use of bizarre, obscure, and entertaining samples. The EBN
Communication Breakdown album was an extension of Jack (he produced it) in
which the sample placement and manipulation was truly musical.
I do love the blips and bleeps of the vintage gear, and love the jazz
infusion, but there is just a definite "something" about the mad beats laden
with genius sampling.
"I want to tell you a story of a man and his beloved...." hooks right in and
could go all day into the night and I'd be boppin.
"It's blasphemy and as for me..." with a duck quack going. Sick. The best.
The vocals, although I know Jack feels he's not cut out to be a vocal
performer, added coherency, a frame of reference, and meaning to the songs.
Son of Sam was a song I initially passed by, but turned into one of the best
on the album for me, and it was the lyrics and the delivery of them that
made the music of the track all the more entrancing.
So as with all past shows I've seen, I am more than sure that ANYTHING
coming off the stage will rule. I'll bet there's a mixture. Fresh and new,
yes, but there'll be that beautiful chaos of the edgy audio collage only
Jack can throw down....and I'll be there!!!

My .02