[Zombies] tackhead/tinocorp

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Fri Sep 17 14:12:56 EDT 2004

i've been waiting about 15 years to see tackhead play live.  last night
they performed at the independent in san francisco with tinocorp
opening.  suffice to say my 15 year wait was not in vain.  they rocked
and then some.

tino of course got things off to an excellent start with their by now
trademark blend of huge beats and wacky video sampling.  maybe it was my
imagination but i think the dub quotient was upped slightly in honor of
adrian sherwood.  i didn't get a good look but i think jack brought the
space echo along for this one.

tackhead... what can i say... starting with a dizzying drum intro from
keith leblanc, leading into a great jam version of heaven on earth.
bernard fowler came out and they hit a bunch of stuff from friendly like
a hand grenade, then into some little axe material, then more jams...
they did "the message" with doug doing the rap.  it was pretty
tremendous and the band seemed be having great fun.

i think this was the first show i've been to since my daughter was
born.  a great way to jump back into the music scene.  yeeaahhh!

-jsd-