[Zombies] Zombies need bass ?

Thierens, Danny Danny.Thierens at KochGlitsch.com
Thu Aug 26 03:14:50 EDT 2004

Hi all,

In case anyone's stereo craves some bass, check out the recent _Grime_
compilation on Rephlex. The title of the album is apparently also the
"label" put on this type of music by the UK music press and seems to be the
latest fashion. Imagine a cross between breakbeats, 2-step and ragga, with
whooping bass lines. The 1st time I heard something similar was on _Dizzee
Rascal_'s album _Boy In Da Corner_, with _I Luv U_ being the stand-out track
for me. The _Grime_ compilation seems to be void of vocalists/MCs, just
assorted vocal samples, which is fine for me. This lack of vocalists/MCs is
always why I preferred _Photek_'s d&b over _Bukem_ or the whole _Roni Size_
thing.

What the world needs now ... is BASS more BASS.

dv8