[Nagnagnag] New Artwork

Carlos Soares ghostalking at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 03:07:41 PDT 2013


So, it is. New artwork for the re/releases
There doesn't seem to be any involvement from Neville Brody, but as there
is an essay by Phil Barnes in the boxset, maybe it is his work (as he also
co-designed and photographed many of the original issues). Anyway, Richard
H. Kirk has always designed stuff for Cabaret Voltaire and this could also
be his.
As for the reissues themselves, I'll be sticking to my original vinyl
copies as I have almoste everything they ever put out (and aren't the
original pressing cheaper than these reissues?).
The only thing that got me curious was the Earthshaker CD but that seems to
be just reworking of already released material from the Virgin Years. A
pity has the 'Conform to Deform' and the 'Attic Tapes' box sets were quite
amazing (all designed by the Designers Republic as were also the final CV
albums)


On 18 October 2013 09:13, <nagnagnag-request at hollyfeld.org> wrote:

> Send Nagnagnag mailing list submissions to
>         nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         nagnagnag-request at hollyfeld.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         nagnagnag-owner at hollyfeld.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Nagnagnag digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: cabs box set / amazon price (Dom Tracey)
>    2. Re: cabs box set / amazon price (Nicolas Doye)
>    3. Re: cabs box set / amazon price (Dom Tracey)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:41:46 +0100
> From: Dom Tracey <dom.tracey at gmail.com>
> To: nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> Message-ID:
>         <CAFnXMudWocbjB+C1puYZYQjuteXcNbeX1jC+CxHqQwZ_A-p=
> cQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Simon, so all the artwork for the albums and cd's will be new?  I don't
> know how I feel about that.
>
> dom.
>
>
> On 17 October 2013 22:12, Simon Dell <simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > **
> > Jerker, my understanding is that Neville Brody refused permission for his
> > original designs to be used, as he wasn't consulted when the CDs were
> > orginally re-released by Mute.
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > *From:* Jerker Sundl?f <jerker.sundlof at eins.se>
> > *To:* <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org> <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org%3E>
> > *Cc:* nagnagnag <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> > *Sent:* Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:51 PM
> > *Subject:* Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> >
> > http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0Z58CU/ref=pd_aw_sbs_2?pi=SS115
> >
> > Check also crackdown, covenant etc.
> >
> > Seems like new art work on the reissue cd's available from amazon (rel
> > date nov 4). Haven't seen it mentioned before in regards to the box set.
> >
> > /J
> >
> > On Oct 17, 2013, at 22:31, "danny.thierens2 at telenet.be" <
> > danny.thierens2 at telenet.be> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EM9L2AM/ref=pe_26581_40643011_email_1p_0_imhas
> > a price of GBP 85.37 (including free delivery).
> >
> > from the cabs shop, i pre-ordered at GBP 79.99 (before the price increase
> > to GBP 99.99) but with an additional GBP 25 for "courier" shipment (to
> > belgium). i can understand that it's a heavy package, but amazon's cost
> is
> > about GBP 20 lower in total. i'm thinking about cancelling (should be
> > possible : http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/terms-and-conditions), but
> my
> > credit card was already charged (assume they re-deposit on cancellation).
> >
> > the download for the 4 extra tracks should be possible via the amazon
> > purchase.
> >
> > bummer :-( but package content will be great regardless.
> >
> > dv8
> >
> > ps : amazon usa has it at $ 148.44.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >  _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> >  ------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/pipermail/nagnagnag/attachments/20131018/6e59e3f5/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:47:02 +0100
> From: Nicolas Doye <nic at worldofnic.org>
> To: "nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org" <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> Cc: "nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org" <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> Message-ID: <0F9FBD47-2A55-44B0-8D9B-1C44394D7188 at worldofnic.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hmm. Red Mecca retained its original artwork.
>
> --
> Sent from my phone
> http://worldofnic.org
>
>
> > On 18 Oct 2013, at 08:41, Dom Tracey <dom.tracey at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Simon, so all the artwork for the albums and cd's will be new?  I don't
> know how I feel about that.
> >
> > dom.
> >
> >
> >> On 17 October 2013 22:12, Simon Dell <simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Jerker, my understanding is that Neville Brody refused permission for
> his original designs to be used, as he wasn't consulted when the CDs were
> orginally re-released by Mute.
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: Jerker Sundl?f
> >> To: <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> >> Cc: nagnagnag
> >> Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:51 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> >>
> >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0Z58CU/ref=pd_aw_sbs_2?pi=SS115
> >>
> >> Check also crackdown, covenant etc.
> >>
> >> Seems like new art work on the reissue cd's available from amazon (rel
> date nov 4). Haven't seen it mentioned before in regards to the box set.
> >>
> >> /J
> >>
> >>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 22:31, "danny.thierens2 at telenet.be" <
> danny.thierens2 at telenet.be> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EM9L2AM/ref=pe_26581_40643011_email_1p_0_imhas a price of GBP 85.37 (including free delivery).
> >>>
> >>> from the cabs shop, i pre-ordered at GBP 79.99 (before the price
> increase to GBP 99.99) but with an additional GBP 25 for "courier" shipment
> (to belgium). i can understand that it's a heavy package, but amazon's cost
> is about GBP 20 lower in total. i'm thinking about cancelling (should be
> possible : http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/terms-and-conditions), but my
> credit card was already charged (assume they re-deposit on cancellation).
> >>>
> >>> the download for the 4 extra tracks should be possible via the amazon
> purchase.
> >>>
> >>> bummer :-( but package content will be great regardless.
> >>>
> >>> dv8
> >>>
> >>> ps : amazon usa has it at $ 148.44.
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >>> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >>> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/pipermail/nagnagnag/attachments/20131018/b9e4ea20/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:06:02 +0100
> From: Dom Tracey <dom.tracey at gmail.com>
> To: nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> Message-ID:
>         <CAFnXMudYx6yHXHzCpVndXZD0opJzrjoOvJgPUsrj=
> f5yjOsESQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Well, just been having a click around Amazon, yeah definitely new artwork
> for the virgin re-issues.
> Why are we finding this out from Amazon and not the Cabs shop - annoying.
>
>
> On 18 October 2013 08:47, Nicolas Doye <nic at worldofnic.org> wrote:
>
> > Hmm. Red Mecca retained its original artwork.
> >
> > --
> > Sent from my phone
> > http://worldofnic.org
> >
> >
> > On 18 Oct 2013, at 08:41, Dom Tracey <dom.tracey at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Simon, so all the artwork for the albums and cd's will be new?  I don't
> > know how I feel about that.
> >
> > dom.
> >
> >
> > On 17 October 2013 22:12, Simon Dell <simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >> Jerker, my understanding is that Neville Brody refused permission for
> his
> >> original designs to be used, as he wasn't consulted when the CDs were
> >> orginally re-released by Mute.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> *From:* Jerker Sundl?f <jerker.sundlof at eins.se>
> >> *To:* <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org> <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org%3E>
> >> *Cc:* nagnagnag <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> >> *Sent:* Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:51 PM
> >> *Subject:* Re: [Nagnagnag] cabs box set / amazon price
> >>
> >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F0Z58CU/ref=pd_aw_sbs_2?pi=SS115
> >>
> >> Check also crackdown, covenant etc.
> >>
> >> Seems like new art work on the reissue cd's available from amazon (rel
> >> date nov 4). Haven't seen it mentioned before in regards to the box set.
> >>
> >> /J
> >>
> >> On Oct 17, 2013, at 22:31, "danny.thierens2 at telenet.be" <
> >> danny.thierens2 at telenet.be> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EM9L2AM/ref=pe_26581_40643011_email_1p_0_imhas
> >> a price of GBP 85.37 (including free delivery).
> >>
> >> from the cabs shop, i pre-ordered at GBP 79.99 (before the price
> increase
> >> to GBP 99.99) but with an additional GBP 25 for "courier" shipment (to
> >> belgium). i can understand that it's a heavy package, but amazon's cost
> is
> >> about GBP 20 lower in total. i'm thinking about cancelling (should be
> >> possible : http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/terms-and-conditions), but
> >> my credit card was already charged (assume they re-deposit on
> cancellation).
> >>
> >> the download for the 4 extra tracks should be possible via the amazon
> >> purchase.
> >>
> >> bummer :-( but package content will be great regardless.
> >>
> >> dv8
> >>
> >> ps : amazon usa has it at $ 148.44.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>  _______________________________________________
> >> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >>
> >>  ------------------------------
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >>
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Nagnagnag mailing list
> >> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> >> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >>
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Nagnagnag mailing list
> > Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> >
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/pipermail/nagnagnag/attachments/20131018/676e96c6/attachment.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Nagnagnag mailing list
> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
>
>
> End of Nagnagnag Digest, Vol 123, Issue 3
> *****************************************
>



-- 
Carlos Soares
@linkdin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/duastrotinetes>
@behance <http://www.behance.net/ghostalking>
@flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/52194452@N00/sets/>
@facebook <https://mail.google.com/>
@podomatic <http://ghostalking.podomatic.com/>
@gmail <ghostalking at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.hollyfeld.org/pipermail/nagnagnag/attachments/20131018/5674a1b0/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Nagnagnag mailing list