[Nagnagnag] [Cabaretvoltaire] Forthcoming Compilations

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 02:41:43 PDT 2013


Seems like a 2x12" single to me...

On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:31 AM, "Simon Dell" <simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Jerker, the vinyl of Drinking Gasoline is an LP, not 2 x 12"....
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerker" <jerker.sundlof at eins.se>
> To: <nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org>
> Cc: <cabaretvoltaire at yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 9:21 AM
> Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] [Cabaretvoltaire] Forthcoming Compilations
> 
> 
> Great news. I was unaware of this new box set. I'll go for the limited version. Two comments/worries though; I would have liked to see the 12" mixes compilation and especially "Earthshaker" to be in vinyl format also… and I sincerely hope Drinking Gasoline is a 2x12" as the original.
> 
> /J
> 
> On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:51 AM, danny.thierens2 at telenet.be wrote:
> 
>> So the difference between the regular box set and the limited edition is in the 4 vinyls ? I already have these original vinyls, so I guess I'll go for the non-limited version too.
>> 
>> The new CD with 12" mixes could be re-packaging of some of the bonus tracks from the original CD's, combined with those released on "the original sound of sheffield '83/'87" and as part of the box set "confirm to deform '82/'90 archive"
>> 
>> dv8
>> 
>> ----- Oorspronkelijk e-mail -----
>> Van: "Eric Frans" <efrans at gmail.com>
>> Aan: cabaretvoltaire at yahoogroups.com
>> Verzonden: Maandag 19 augustus 2013 02:18:12
>> Onderwerp: Re: [Cabaretvoltaire] Forthcoming Compilations
>> 
>> Sorry guys, I feel the same way.  :-)
>> 
>> Although, I'm thinking about justifying the $125 for the non-limited
>> version.  6 CDs + 2 DVDs + 40 page 12" booklet.  I already have 4 of the
>> CDs in un-remastered form.  Maybe I'll just put it on my Christmas wish
>> list.  Quandary solved!
>> 
>>  - Eric
>> 
>> 
>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Micah Stupak <micah at benthic.cc> wrote:
>> 
>>> I'm finding it awful hard to justify $200 for this.
>>> 
>>> That may change in a couple hours, though (hopefully I won't be too
>>> late)...
>>> 
>>> --
>>> Micah Stupak
>>> micah at benthic.cc
>>> 
>>> On 18 Aug 13, at 15.42, Eric Frans <efrans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> A bit more details on the forthcoming compilations...
>>> http://www.self-titledmag.com/2013/08/13/cabaret-voltaire-ready-limited-box-set-career-spanning-compilation/
>>>> 
>>>> "Up first, on November 4th through Mute: *#8385 (Collected Works 1983 –
>>>> 1985)* <http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/>, which drops four of the
>>> group’s
>>>> mid-period records in a remastered box set alongside a 40-page book, a
>>>> compilation of 12” cuts, and a bonus LP of previously unreleased tracks
>>>> called *Earthshaker*. Not to mention a pair of DVDs that feature two 1984
>>>> shows—the Bedford Boys Club and Hammersmith Palais—and the long-awaited
>>>> hi-def transfer of the 1985 film *Gasoline In Your Eye*."
>>>> 
>>>> "If that’s a little too much gear-grinding, soot-slinging action for one
>>>> sitting, you can always wait for *#7885 (Electro Punk to Techno Pop 1978
>>>>>>> 1985)*, Cabaret’s Voltaire’s most through catalog-skimming compilation
>>> yet,
>>>> which is due out early next year."
>>> http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/home/cabaret-voltaire-8385-collected-works-1983-1985-box-set.html
>>>> 
>>>> "£79.99
>>>> 
>>>> Pre-order for release on 4th November
>>>> 
>>>> 6 CDs (The Crackdown, Mirco-phonies, Drinking Gasoline, The Covenant The
>>>> Sword and the Arm of the Lord plus a CD of 12" mixes and an unreleased CD
>>>> called Earthshaker - The Lost Soundtrack)
>>>> 2 DVDs - 2 live shows and Gasoline In Your Eye.
>>>> 40 page 12" sized booklet with extensive and exclusive sleeve notes from
>>>> Phil Barnes and Richard H. Kirk and a synopsis on Earthshaker.
>>>> 
>>>> All of the audio has been remastered from the original master tapes and
>>>> over seen by Richard H. Kirk.
>>>> 
>>>> full tracklistings will follow. "
>>> http://shop.cabaret-voltaire.net/home/cabaret-voltaire-8385-collected-works-1983-1985.html
>>>> 
>>>> "£119.99
>>>> 
>>>> Pre-order for release on 4th November
>>>> 
>>>> Numbered limited edition of 500
>>>> Signed by Richard H. Kirk
>>>> 
>>>> Includes 4 vinyl albums (The Crackdown, Mirco-phonies, Drinking Gasoline,
>>>> The Covenant The Sword and the Arm of the Lord)
>>>> 6 CDs (The Crackdown, Mirco-phonies, Drinking Gasoline, The Covenant The
>>>> Sword and the Arm of the Lord plus a CD of 12" mixes and an unreleased CD
>>>> called Earthshaker - The Lost Soundtrack)
>>>> 2 DVDs - 2 live shows and Gasoline In Your Eye.
>>>> 40 page 12" sized booklet with extensive and exclusive sleeve notes from
>>>> Phil Barnes and Richard H. Kirk and a synopsis on Earthshaker.
>>>> 
>>>> All of the audio has been remastered from the original master tapes and
>>>> over seen by Richard H. Kirk.
>>>> 
>>>> full tracklistings will follow."
>>>> 
>>>> - Eric
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>> 
>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> ------------------------------------
>>> 
>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>> 
>> 
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ------------------------------------
>> 
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>> 
>> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cabaretvoltaire/
>> 
>> <*> Your email settings:
>>   Individual Email | Traditional
>> 
>> <*> To change settings online go to:
>>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cabaretvoltaire/join
>>   (Yahoo! ID required)
>> 
>> <*> To change settings via email:
>>   cabaretvoltaire-digest at yahoogroups.com
>>   cabaretvoltaire-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com
>> 
>> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>   cabaretvoltaire-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
>> 
>> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Nagnagnag mailing list
>> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
>> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Nagnagnag mailing list
> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Nagnagnag mailing list
> Nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> http://www.hollyfeld.org/mailman/listinfo/nagnagnag


More information about the Nagnagnag mailing list