[Nagnagnag] The Technocrats

cars10 carsten at framed-dimension.de
Thu Feb 2 12:35:25 PST 2012

I got this when it came out and think I do have the press release
somewhere still too. RHK was not a member but made 3 remixes of this
"Propaganda covers Kraftwerk EP for the rave generation", 2 where on CD,
the third only on the 12". This might have been a German Only release
with a few copies for export.

It's quite listenable but not essential (i.e. boring listened to as a
whole) - a 12" entirely made of Kirk's mixes would have been enough for
my taste : )

Am 02.02.2012 19:46, schrieb Lee Evans:
> I vaguely remember some mention of this track previously, although I
> thought it was part of a Kraftwerk cover versions album (maybe that's
> another track entirely?)
>
> A bit of a google dragged up this interview with Ralf Dörper
>
> http://www.hirschbergers.de/Propaganda/e_ralf.htm
>
> This suggests that RHK did one of the remixes rather than working with
> Dörper on the original cover version, so maybe Kirk wasn't strictly a
> member of The Technocrats
>
> "Sheffield mix: Richard Kirk von Cabaret Voltaire
> Nottingham mix: Rythmatic
> Düsseldorf mix: I with Jochen Schmit und Brain "
>
> cheers
> Lee
>

> > From: tripreset at hotmail.com
> > To: nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
> > Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 17:43:58 +0000
> > Subject: [Nagnagnag] The Technocrats
> >
> > GOOD QUESTION! Nicholas, I literally own everything by Kirk..
> >
> > even rare stuff like his Wicky Wacky12" EP.. and Citrus and the
> alphaphone EPs like the Chemical Agent Waterfall EP etc..
> > But I have NEVER heard of The Technocrats in my life. Lol.. Weird.
> >
> > As for MY TOP TEN KIRK ALBUMS and they too will change from time to
> time :
> >
> > R.H. Kirk: Earlier/Later
> > Sweet Exorcist: Spirit Guide to Low Tech
> > R.H.Kirk: The Number of Magic
> > Nitrogen: Intoxica
> > Al Jabr: One Million and Three
> > Sandoz: Digital Lifeforms
> > Wicky Wacky: Lets Get Down
> > Electronic Eye: Closed Circuit
> > TWAT: v.4.0
> > R H. Kirk presents: Alphaphone Step Write Run Vol.1
> > Sweet Exorcist: RetroActivity
> >

> > Grant

IN SILENCE WE RUST