[Nagnagnag] Digital Life Time...first listen

Simon Dell simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 09:25:14 PDT 2012

Ok, based on first listen, I'm getting something close to "classic" Sandoz, maybe not with quite the melodic hooks.

All the "Sandoz" elements are there: tribal rhythms, disembodied ethnic chants, simple melody lines, just enough electronic grit to stop it being too "pretty"...the last track "Nightmail", which although I really like it, strays into the area of something from an ethnographic study with what could be its ethnic pipe/flute sample

A cautious thumbs-up, may well be a grower...