[Nagnagnag] [Cabaretvoltaire] Fwd: drumro[ll] - Park Hill, Sheffield - 30th September 2011

Simon Dell simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 23:06:42 PDT 2011

When I looked into this a bit further, it looks like a DJing appearance:

RICHARD H KIRK (Cabaret Voltaire)
Richard H Kirk is one of the most important figures in electronic music. As
a member of Cabaret Voltaire he is responsible for some of the most
experimental music ever put to tape. Alongside Throbbing Gristle, perhaps no
other act in the history of recorded music have done so much to alter the
understanding of what music is, how it can be made and what it means.

As a solo artist his work for Warp in the ‘90s filtered Cabaret Voltaire’s
experimental bent through the lens of modern electronica, and he’s still
crafting his own uniquely indefinable sounds. Over the last couple of years
the Cabaret Voltaire name has been resurrected for a series of remixes and
special releases, but with eyes firmly forward. We are honoured to have
Richard opening up our birthday, a true giant of electronic music playing an
industrial-influenced selection of the records that define what techno means
to him.