[Nagnagnag] Johnny YesNo (Redux) [Mute] (4 x CD plus DVD)

Jerker Sundlöf jerker.sundlof at eins.se
Fri Nov 18 01:58:25 PST 2011

Hi,

Received the Redux set the other day from Mute. Interesting stuff I must
say. The new film version I mean. I'm very into the original score, so I
didn't expect any improvements exactly regarding the "remixed" soundtrack.
And so far it has lived up to my modest expectations. Although it's good,
it's not Cabs nor Kirk top class. The music doesn't surprise one bit, maybe
because this work has been laying around for some years (?) before it
actually got released. I wouldn't say that Kirk surprises me with every
release, because it's always pretty fantastic and in that sense you know
you're in for a treat every time something new comes out. But there is
always some parts and bits in the music that totally knocks me out. Not
this time though, not so far.

Don't know if anyone ordered this directly from Mute, but ther packaging
for shipment is crap as always. I received my copy with all teeth of the
hubs holding the discs snapped. Discs just rattling around. Booklet
scuffed. Looks like something you pick up in Tapes and Records Exchange
that is a decade old... Thanks Mute, for finally making this gem available,
but please follow it through with quality in design and distribution.
/J