[Nagnagnag] Industrial Revolution or Art of the Sixth Sense?

cars10 carsten at framed-dimension.de
Sun Feb 27 01:15:24 PST 2011

Hi,
I'd recommend going for the second revised and enlarged  edition (1989)
of The Art Of The Sixth Sense if you're into CV and not a more personal
reflection of the time.  IE does not include the graphics, discography,
etc.  but broadens the whole context in novel style.
Tape Delay by Charles Neal should also be mentioned as a great document
about CV and loads of contemporaries.

-carsten

Am 26.02.2011 23:58, schrieb samuel rowe:
> Hi
>
> I'm wondering which one of these books is the best one to buy? I
> noticed they are both by the same author, but Sixth Sense is just
> about Cabaret Voltaire, not the Sheffield music scene as well. I know
> I've probably answered my own question there, but with a lack of
> decent reviews of these on the internet, I assumed someone on the list
> might have read them.
>
> Basically, I've just read the Throbbing Gristle one, Wreckers of
> Civilisation, which was good, but I read the one about Martin Hannett
> by the guy out of Durruti Column ages ago, and thought it was a little
> bit shit. I prefer ones with lot's of interviews and first hand
> accounts, rather than the odd fact with bits filled in between.
>
> Whilst I'm here, is anyone going to the Numan gig with Richard H Kirk
> supporting on April 1st? I'm convinced Kirk is going to pull out...
>
> Thanks
> Samuel

IN SILENCE WE RUST