[Nagnagnag] [GROUP] Re: Gothic

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:02:34 PDT 2011

Actually if you read some interviews with Blixa Bargeld he talks about
what "industrial" meant, what it means to him, TG, and the times - and
I personally agree with him. Monte Cazazza coined the term as a slogan
to go along with TG's record label. There was so "Industrial style,"
it was industrial as in grinding out a product in an industry like
industrial beef, industrial lipstick, etc,...

Blixa has frequently expressed his goals of Einsturzende Neubauten to
be artistic expression as entertainment, and EN puts on a show much
like a rock or pop group.

By calling music "industrial" is a big joke. Things like Justin Beiber
or The Killers is "industrial music" since it's churned out by the
music industry for a greater purpose of making money than creating art
or artistic statements.