[Nagnagnag] Purchasing

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:22:14 PST 2010

if you can find plasticity on 2xLP it's got additional material not on the CD

i also feel that it's good to have those breaks after 20 minutes of
music to flip the LP over - CDs go on way too long some times...

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Mark Kolmar <mark at burningrome.com> wrote:
> Trying to characterize objectively -- Plasticity has a trippy/chill edge,
> International Language has maybe more of a conventional sound with house
> elements, and The Conversation has some rougher edges that mesh this type of
> style with a little more of the earlier Cabs texture.
>
> I always had a soft spot emotionally for Plasticity -- melodic, aggro, odd,
> normal, ugly, pretty. If I heard it first now, I don't know how it would fit
> the time. If you know earlier Cabs and want a good first entry to the early
> 90s period, then The Conversation could be the place to start. Also consider
> Colours for a nicely expert acid-house take.
>
> --Mark
>
> On 12/30/2010 12:35 AM, Ethan Ross wrote:
>>
>> So I was thinking about buying one of the Cab's techno/house/ambient
>> albums (International Language, Plasticity, The Conversation) so I was
>> wondering: which one's the best?
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Ethan

Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music | Brainwaves Fest
P.O. Box 7 / Arlington, MA 02476 / USA