[Nagnagnag] NEW RHK MATERIAL

Mike Messick mike at angryjester.com
Mon Jan 26 14:24:26 PST 2009

Got both this morning from iTunes.

Neuroscience is a long single track with different sub-styles in a similar
vein to the Agents / Darkness at Noon set.

Dollars & Cents reminds me somewhat of some of the Neurometric/Loopstatic
period with lots of shortwave sounds and controlled dissonance over strong
rhythms.  Most of the tracks seem to somehow float over the scratchy
ramblings of a radio preacher's sermon.  The sermon's content is relatively
modern though since he refers to both W and Obama.  There's some
similiarity to the tracks with each other but not as obvious as some of his
other works where the tracks sound more like remixes of each other.  I
think in this case this may be due to his using the sermon sample
throughout most of the tracks.  In this respect it reminds me somewhat of
the Sweet Excorcist CCEP work, where each track is different but still
slightly alike due to his using similar loops.

But, hey, it's new Kirk after 18 months!

Enjoy

-Mike